Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Young Carnival of Cups

aussiebreno

Young Carnival of Cups

Isn't this Carnival of Cups a brilliant initiative for people to holiday and take some cash off the locals.
    In their last 5 starts how many horses started at Young

Race1: 2
    Race2: 2
    Race3: 1 (the emergency)
    Race4: 0
    Race5: 3
    Race6: 1
    Race7: 5
    Race8: 4

17/86 or 1 in 5.

I wouldn't have made this thread, only noms closed yesterday. Why would Saturday noms close on Monday...I guess so the travellers can choose early in the week what they want to do?

////Rant/////

Senior Member Colt clumsy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Snudden
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    Isn't this Carnival of Cups a brilliant initiative for people to holiday and take some cash off the locals.
    In their last 5 starts how many horses started at Young

Race1: 2
    Race2: 2
    Race3: 1 (the emergency)
    Race4: 0
    Race5: 3
    Race6: 1
    Race7: 5
    Race8: 4

17/86 or 1 in 5.

I wouldn't have made this thread, only noms closed yesterday. Why would Saturday noms close on Monday...I guess so the travellers can choose early in the week what they want to do?

////Rant/////
    We start horses at most young meetings and entered two for this meeting but could only come up with one first emergency.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    It happen's at most NSW cup meeting's, you get the big stables coming for the money, the best way to spread it around is with the programming to cater for the regular owner's,trainer's that support the country meeting's week in week out it give's me the shit's when the bigger stables wont support the club's unless their is big money on offer.
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Hando View Post
    It happen's at most NSW cup meeting's, you get the big stables coming for the money, the best way to spread it around is with the programming to cater for the regular owner's,trainer's that support the country meeting's week in week out it give's me the shit's when the bigger stables wont support the club's unless their is big money on offer.
    Easy fix I reckon Greg, the clubs programme at least some of the races for horses trained within a certain distance of the club. To me, the Carnival of Cups is not just about the bigger stables getting to the meeting, what about the better prizmoney supporting the locals?

Cheers,

Dan

aussiebreno
    Yep, Wagga always has at least one locals only race on the program.

+ Reply to Thread