Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Good onya Darren Billinger and Come On Frank

Good onya Darren Billinger and Come On Frank

Only heard it on SKY, but I didn't realise that Darren Bilingers daughter was tragically killed in a road accident in May. Apparently her favourite horse was Come On Frank, and he just won the 3yo Southern Cross C&G Final.

Wouldn't know Darren from a bar of soap, but gee I am happy for him to win that race.

Bloody awful that kind of stuff. Great to see a massive salute across the line. Hard to fathom what that win must have meant to them.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Yep a real good feel good story was so happy when i heard it as well congratulation's to the Billinger's
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac
    I caught up with the Billinger family earlier this year, as i had actually purchased the dam of Come on Frank from them two years ago

They are absolutely wonderful people and for them to win this race tonight means so much to them. Ever since the tragic accident, this was something they concentrated so much of their efforts to. For it to come to fruition, is a sign from above.

aussiebreno
    Feelgood story of the year for sure.

Member Gelding Tangles will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    mj mcmillian

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Big softie, teared up big time watching Frank cross the line, having followed the story for a while now. He is very popular on facebook and has a huge following. Hilton Donaldsons story on In The Gig the other night was superb. Congratulations to all the connections.

If harness racing administrators are serious about expanding the fan base of the sport, they need look no further than this story. It reaches across all types of media and into audiences that wouldn't even know harness racing existed. They need to get a story like this out into mainstream media and promote the game as something more than a gambling option. Its not pie in the sky stuff, it is an opportunity to be grabbed. A story like this could end up in a mag like Thats Life (not my cup of tea) which has a huge readership and may entice some folk curious enough to the track for a look. Gimmicky stuff doesn't work in the long run, but a REAL product will stand the test of time.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    Quote Originally Posted by broncobrad View Post
    Big softie, teared up big time watching Frank cross the line, having followed the story for a while now. He is very popular on facebook and has a huge following. Hilton Donaldsons story on In The Gig the other night was superb. Congratulations to all the connections.

If harness racing administrators are serious about expanding the fan base of the sport, they need look no further than this story. It reaches across all types of media and into audiences that wouldn't even know harness racing existed. They need to get a story like this out into mainstream media and promote the game as something more than a gambling option. Its not pie in the sky stuff, it is an opportunity to be grabbed. A story like this could end up in a mag like Thats Life (not my cup of tea) which has a huge readership and may entice some folk curious enough to the track for a look. Gimmicky stuff doesn't work in the long run, but a REAL product will stand the test of time.

Gday Brad. There wasn't a dry eye in the place when their other daughter did the acceptance speech last night. She did a wonderful job.

Totally agree with your comments. Just dropped in on a harness racing follower who knew nothing of the story. Doesn't watch In The Gig or read the industry mags but follows the racing. Couldn't believe they hadn't heard about it.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    The fairytale continues for Come On Frank and his "family" with another big win today at Menangle in 1.52.3 after the leaders went crazy in a 25 something first qtr. Darren has got his charge flying at the moment. Will say it again, these are the moments that make you proud to be a fan of harness racing.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac
    wonderful people and Frank is taking them on a fantastic journey. Long may it continue...

+ Reply to Thread