Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Standing starts

aussiebreno
    TripleV you might want a word with the team behind Weekend Hussler.

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers
    Also I would not exactly say that "mobile only" "one mile only" former US speedster Mr Feelgood has exactly disgraced himself over very much longer distances here in Oz. I think he had no problems with a standing start here either. I'd be very happy indeed to have one of my mares mated with him in his first season at stud.

It's really mostly all in the training , not always in the horse's breeding or if their sire was some "one mile only" young speedy US sire. Breeding is fine but without the right trainer and handling in their careers , often it makes no difference who their sire is.
    Last edited by David Summers; 06-15-2011 at 11:22 PM.

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Not a real big fan of standing starts but i did enjoy watching the big field at Menangle run around the other wk. I disagree with good horses getting back marks of 30m+ in GRP 1's if a horse is good enough to start in a Group race it should be on equal terms.

Hi Ozninja

Mate Mr Feelgood already has weanling's on the ground here in Australia it was done by frozen semen whilst he was still racing/spelling i was offered to a straw at a very reasonable price which i declined, my decision not to send my mare to him might come back and bite me on the but one day but the stallion i chose was from the same family anyway.

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers
    Thanks for that info mango about Mr Feelgood. I was not aware of that but I don't know how I missed it :-(

He is certain to be a big success here. When Sky used to broadcast races from the Meadowlands twice a week , almost every day he sired a winner. One day he sired a treble and on another trifecta'd one of the major races. Can't go wrong here if owners give him support , and I can't see why they won't. Proven outstanding racing ability on both sides of the world at all distances ( in Australia) , even up to nearly two miles! Amazing horse , great training effort to have an entire like this extend his abililty over much longer distances here in Group 1 company.

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Ozninja

He wasn't advertised at all, they contacted certain people with certain mare's to try and give him a good start. Yes he has a few winner's over there from limited number's and he is from a good strong family which should attract breeders.

+ Reply to Thread