+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Only One Slim

Senior Member Horse Of The Year trish will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    patricia ilsley

Only One Slim

http://www.harness.org.au/news-artic...?news_id=22831

What a great story.
    I remember the raffle ( near brought a ticket but have enough horses).
    How much fun has this horse been for the winners of said raffle.
    18 starts ( since the raffle).
    2 wins
    7 seconds
    2 thirds
    4 fourths
    In other words 15 prize money cheques in 18 starts.

Blake has done a wonderful job.....many more wins for Blake & all involved.

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    That is a great story,
    funny thing I have witnessed over and over again how lucky "raffle" horses are, I mean "Only One Slim" and the horses I am remembering were not Miracle Mile winners, but by gee, they've had an incredibly high strike rate in regards to getting to the races and then being useful racehorses, returning $$ and fun to their lucky owners.

I remember a couple in this area that were going really nice, not SUPER horses but nice horses people were having fun with that were more than paying their way, the type of horses you thought " if we get another length's improvement he might be a city horse" which happens with so many it isn't funny, so in trying to get the extra length the horses ( both of them on two separate occasions several years apart) they were moved to more fashionable trainers.

Unfortunately both those horses went backwards a couple of lengths when moved to new trainers, my personal opinion of that is they went from trainers who had worked them through their various stages and knew their little idiosyncracies to someone who did not and therefore that little edge that is gained from intimate knowledge of a horses' individual characteristics was lost, it may have been deeper that that as many times we have seen horses are simply "happy" because they know and trust the people they are working with every day, I remember seeing an interview on "in the Gig" with Shane Tritton a while back and one of his objectives is to " keep them Happy" so there has to be something in that!

Great story terrific little horse, hope it keeps rolling for them.
    Cheers,
    Dan

+ Reply to Thread