Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Menangle

Senior Member 2YO Harold Parker is an unknown quantity at this point
    Real Name
    Robert Parker

Menangle

Before heading overseas I was a frequent visitor to Harold Park for 20+ years. I owned a place right next to the Hotel.

Tomorrow night will be my first visit to Menangle. I can get to Newcastle quicker than Menangle.

Other than bogans, with mullets wearing flannies, what can I expect out there. What's the food like ?
    Last edited by Harold Parker; 01-13-2012 at 02:46 PM.

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers
    Go there with an open mind , not clouded by opinions of others and report back here with your findings on Sunday :-)

(P.S. I love the place!!)

Senior Member 4YO Lucky Camilla"s Lovechild will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Leigh Stollery
    Quote Originally Posted by David Summers View Post
    Go there with an open mind , not clouded by opinions of others and report back here with your findings on Sunday :-)

(P.S. I love the place!!)
    Perhaps you should pass on that advice to someone visiting Melton as well. If in fact you have been there.

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers
    LCL - Not as though I need to explain myself to you , but I have been to Melton three times. First time , just after it opened "wide eyed" and excited. That did not last long. The other two times early last year was dragged along by others despite a little bit of a protest . Now all of us choose to watch Melton from home. Does that satisfy your curiosity??

Senior Member 4YO Don Corleone has a spectacular aura about Don Corleone's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ray Fidow
    Occupation
    Sec Cons
    I have been to Menangle 3 times and loved it. Tried to get to Melton once and could find no one who knew how I could get there. However, I have been since and while the racing was great the rest could of been any other course anywhere.

Real Name
    David Summers
    Watch out Ray. Any slightly negative comment about Melton in the forums and Leigh (LCL) may follow you around the forums waiting to put you down , no matter what the topic.

BTW, on my three visits to Melton the racing was great but I won't encourage LCL into jumping up and down by making any further comment about the track and facilities than I have previously expressed elsewhere.
    Last edited by David Summers; 01-13-2012 at 07:06 PM.

Junior Member Weanling Drivemecrazy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Tazmin Hellior
    Occupation
    business
    So what makes a good Track? I have been to many in NSW, QLD and Vic. I find that from an owner perspective, I like easy access to stables and my horses, from a punter and viewer, I like easy access to the sidelines, the betting facilities and the food. and COMFY seats. (they always seem to forget that part!)

SO HP, whats it like??

Senior Member 3YO barney will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    brian campbell
    Quote Originally Posted by Drivemecrazy View Post
    So what makes a good Track? I have been to many in NSW, QLD and Vic. I find that from an owner perspective, I like easy access to stables and my horses, from a punter and viewer, I like easy access to the sidelines, the betting facilities and the food. and COMFY seats. (they always seem to forget that part!)

SO HP, whats it like??
    Where you get a winner i guess

Senior Member 4YO Lucky Camilla"s Lovechild will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Leigh Stollery
    Quote Originally Posted by David Summers View Post
    LCL - Not as though I need to explain myself to you , but I have been to Melton three times. First time , just after it opened "wide eyed" and excited. That did not last long. The other two times early last year was dragged along by others despite a little bit of a protest . Now all of us choose to watch Melton from home. Does that satisfy your curiosity??
    Harden up Barbie!

Banned Yearling zipzap will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Larry Watson
    Occupation
    Resting
    Horses
    fast ones
    If it takes longer to get to Menangle than Newcastle from Paddington he is going the wrong way 70ks versus 160k

+ Reply to Thread