Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Programming of Ascending Order Races

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

Programming of Ascending Order Races

On Wednesday the 3rd and 4th races at Horsham are ascending order C0's. I know I have grizzled about them before but I am tossing up whether I will go now. Maybe nobody believes in attendance anymore but I think that if you have to have more than one 'ordinary' race on the program they should bookend the program or put them both at the start or finish. That way many punters (who may not have been able to spare a full arvo anyway) will be encouraged not discouraged to attend (part of the day)

Edit: Grumpy old man syndrome, the 4th is not that bad - of course I'll go (if its not snowing!)
    Last edited by Messenger; 07-15-2014 at 12:32 AM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Colt The Escape Club will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Robert Salathiel
    As long as they race. I've got one in the 7th which was in for last week's meeting at Hamilton that got abandoned.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Amlin will become famous soon enough Amlin's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kyle Galley
    Have they had much rain up there Kev? Just thought I'd ask as it might save some of our members a drive up there based on recent events!

Races at these kinds of meets often tend to be programmed with the best value races for punters later in the day (better to have a 3/1 the field race on at the end for those who have knocked off work early and are in the TAB's) - which should lead to higher betting. So you will see all the small fields and short-priced fav's run early in the day where there are no feature races involved.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Horsham have only had a half inch for the month so far Kyle so they should be all right. The radar is not showing them getting any/much this morning while it is quite steady here in the mountains.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Amlin View Post
    Have they had much rain up there Kev? Just thought I'd ask as it might save some of our members a drive up there based on recent events!

Races at these kinds of meets often tend to be programmed with the best value races for punters later in the day (better to have a 3/1 the field race on at the end for those who have knocked off work early and are in the TAB's) - which should lead to higher betting. So you will see all the small fields and short-priced fav's run early in the day where there are no feature races involved.
    And for the quaddie. Better or more even fields seem to be the agenda for the later quaddie races.

+ Reply to Thread