Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Gp2 Kilmore Cup on Thursday Sept 27, the eve of AFL GF eve holiday

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

Gp2 Kilmore Cup on Thursday Sept 27, the eve of AFL GF eve holiday

For openers it is pretty weird that we have a public holiday (is it Victoria or only Melbourne?) for the day before AFL GF and it seems a massive risk/waste to be holding the time honoured Kilmore Cup the night before this holiday - a Thursday. Good luck with that Kilmore
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Colt Yabbie will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Carol Bass
    Occupation
    Paralegal
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post

For openers it is pretty weird that we have a public holiday (is it Victoria or only Melbourne?) for the day before AFL GF and it seems a massive risk/waste to be holding the time honoured Kilmore Cup the night before this holiday - a Thursday. Good luck with that Kilmore

Not to mention the traffic heading out of town for a long weekend - another backward step in my opinion.
    Can't wait to see what time the first race is - more than likely 5.30ish which makes it even more difficult to get to ....
    Such a shame as the Kilmore Cup used to be one of the highlights of the season.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    How about running it on the actual public holiday as a day meeting. As a standing start handicap over 2 miles and get all the top horses to run. They could have stallion parades and a huge crowd. Sorry I thought I was back in the nineteen hundreds.
    Don't die wondering !

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I agree Rick. They have a generous promotion on the day but I still fear they will struggle for a crowd apart from locals

Kilmore has thrown open the gates free for anyone who wears their AFL footy jumper and is giving away a $500 TAB betting voucher on every race via the racebook competition.

All patrons, those who pay at the gate and those who wear their footy jumper, will get a free drink voucher and a racebook, which contains their ticket for the $500 per race voucher.

https://www.thetrots.com.au/news/art...end-cup-night/
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Ridiculous having it on Thursday, I think Rick’s suggestion would be far better

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I can see why Love Ina Chevy is a late entry for the Cup - no super stars I am afraid (I had been thinking of going)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Shadow Sax is now a late nom, so the field is improving - just need another 1 or 2 class horses to nom in the next hour
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Field out but no Shadow Sax or Love Ina Chevy - are late entries only considered if there are not sufficient initial entries?

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...ic#KIC27091801

The emergency and Bettermatch are only M0's.
    Comeback pacer Bettermatch has won 11 of 13 but he has never raced futher than 1758m
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 2YO Bonnie will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Anne Anderson
    Occupation
    Horse Breeder /Owner
    Horses
    Ladies In Red, Hurricane Harley, Honolua
    Yes Kev. Late entries only receive a run if there are insufficient numbers to make up a field.However , the Kilmore Cup is Manual Field Selection so Shadow Sax and Luv In A Chevy would been been given a run under the MFS criteria . Looks as though they were withdrawn prior to acceptances.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year arlington will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Field out but no Shadow Sax or Love Ina Chevy - are late entries only considered if there are not sufficient initial entries?

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...ic#KIC27091801

The emergency and Bettermatch are only M0's.
    Comeback pacer Bettermatch has won 11 of 13 but he has never raced futher than 1758m

Not sure if Manual Field selection overrides 'preference in field selection will be given to original nominations'. You have access to Harnesweb Kev. I would think if those two horses were withdrawn by connections they would be stood down?

+ Reply to Thread