Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Anyone coming to the Sydney APG Sale?

Banned 4YO justdoit will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    (BANNED) (BANNED)
    Occupation
    (BANNED)
    No no no,
    You IMO get what you pay for, or the horse gets what you pay for.
    We tried to cut costs and get a cheaper yearling prep ONCE, the guy was spoken of in a good way
    and so we sent him acouple to get ready for the sales. At week 6 we went up to have a look at the horses,
    they were ok, what they were being feed was of very poor quality, the stables had holes in the walls, their exercise consisted of
    being turned out in a paddock with barbed wire and from the looks of it his dogs would chase them around for a while, the grooming was an extra rug or two and the bedding was from the looks of it old pasture hay.
    The horses made it to the sales and yes it was cheaper, but not worth all the risks. IMO

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac
    It does vary from preparer to preparer in both Aust and NZ.

In Auckland its 12 weeks @$45/day plus worming, shoeing etc

Christchurch is a little cheaper, although one guy i use takes 2% of gross sale fee as well

In Aust, its 10 weeks @$35/day plus a few little bits here and there

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Mightymo

I've spoke to a couple of people over the last few day's about having yearling's in for 10 weeks and they tell me thats a joke and your getting taken for a ride. For a start your paying to much per day and they can do the job easy in 6wks so you might want to tell them only to get them in 6 weeks before the sale or you will look else where.

Banned 4YO justdoit will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    (BANNED) (BANNED)
    Occupation
    (BANNED)
    Hi Mango,
    8 weeks minimum and or more if needed, $40 a day, plus extras.

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Justdoit

I've seen horses in for 6wks and they looked great 8 wks is over the top and they don't need to be in that long, and $40 a day i hope your joking cause thats just highway robbery. I can tell you now i know of a bloke who does it for near half that price and had comments in Sydney on how great his yearling's were prepared and also took home the ribbon for the colts division and had a filly selected in the top 3. And extra's are cartage and shoeing if the owner requests.

+ Reply to Thread