Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Australian Female Harness Drivers Championship

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

Australian Female Harness Drivers Championship

Congratulations to Tassie

http://www.harness.org.au/news-artic...?news_id=34352

Ray Chaplin has however pointed out that it is not the first as SA held the inaugural Australian Reinswomen’s Championship in 1973

SA received a submission to resurrect this championship about 4yrs ago but it is only happening now. Ray's submission suggested including NZ and making it an Australasain championship - a bigger and better promotion. You have to wonder whether the success of the AFLW league jogged a few memories in HRA
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year KTQ will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Katie Howlett
    Horses
    Jack Mac, Sugar Street
    Australasian would be better for sure

Member Filly codywinnell will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Cody Winnell
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Congratulations to Tassie

http://www.harness.org.au/news-artic...?news_id=34352

Ray Chaplin has however pointed out that it is not the first as SA held the inaugural Australian Reinswomen’s Championship in 1973

SA received a submission to resurrect this championship about 4yrs ago but it is only happening now. Ray's submission suggested including NZ and making it an Australasain championship - a bigger and better promotion. You have to wonder whether the success of the AFLW league jogged a few memories in HRA

Hi Kevin, My view on this is that AFL was only ever played professionally by men and therefore the AFL actually caught up with the trots in recent years by launching the AFLW comp. In our sport men and women compete on a completely level playing field and have done for years. I wish Tassie every success with this series, but I would say women are already as completely eligible as their male counterparts to contest every race & championship series in Australia and worldwide in the trots. And that's one of the truly great things about our sport. Tonight, for example, 10 races at Melton, 5 won by men and 5 by women. A driver's sex simply does not make any difference in the pursuit of success.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by codywinnell View Post
    Hi Kevin, My view on this is that AFL was only ever played professionally by men and therefore the AFL actually caught up with the trots in recent years by launching the AFLW comp. In our sport men and women compete on a completely level playing field and have done for years. I wish Tassie every success with this series, but I would say women are already as completely eligible as their male counterparts to contest every race & championship series in Australia and worldwide in the trots. And that's one of the truly great things about our sport. Tonight, for example, 10 races at Melton, 5 won by men and 5 by women. A driver's sex simply does not make any difference in the pursuit of success.
    Very true Cody but does this get promoted enough? Of course very little harness news makes mainstream media (sorry I am not a facebooker/twitterer)
    It could no doubt be argued that a Women's Driving Championship is almost a put down. I can remember various driving championships and I cannot remember too many female participants

We are further advanced than most sports and it all comes down to approaches I guess. I would not be surprised to see a female cricketer in the Australian XI one day (after I am gone) but there is no way it would even be considered a possibility without there having been an Aussie Womens XI

I suppose the obvious people to ask are Harnesses female participants if they would like a Championship
    Who knows, I never thought the big name tennis players would want to play at the Olympics but they have
    Overall I think it is just another playing field on which players have an opportunity to achieve and receive recognition - you cannot have too much of that really
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Maybe we need a Women's Worlds - I noticed there were no women in the Canada series (or any French of either sex)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I haven't seen it officially but looking at the results it would seem that Queenslander Dannielle Veivers be the winner of the 2021 Championship

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...s/?mc=LN210321

The points table for tonight sees heats 1-4 and 6 below;
    1st – 19 points, 2nd – 14 points, 3rd – 11 points, 4th – 9 points, 5th – 8 points, 6th – 7 points, 7th – 6 points, 8th – 5 points, 9th – 4 points, 10th – 3 points, 11th – 2 points and 12th – 1 point.

With a late scratching in heat five, all placings are reduced by one point, with Lisa Ryan, who misses out on a drive receiving five points as per HRA policy.

http://www.harnesslink.com/Australia...n-nations-best
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    The replays are beautiful clear video

https://tasracing.com.au/replays/210...ess-launceston
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    I haven't seen it officially but looking at the results it would seem that Queenslander Dannielle Veivers be the winner of the 2021 Championship
    The full story

http://www.harness.org.au/media-room...?news_id=47504
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread