Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Facilities

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

Facilities

I know many will say that it does not matter if nobody goes to the trots it is all about turnover.
    I cannot really agree as I do not see tomorrow's owners experiencing the desire to become part of the action via a screen
    It is for this reason that I believe that we have to provide some basic level of comfort on track.

I could not follow this on from my praise of the Stawell dining room in the Positives thread as this is not a positive.
    I have said that Horsham should have a dining room before but more importantly tracks need to have a lounge/viewing area within cooee of the track so that in crappy weather you only need to brave the elements for a couple of minutes before going back into enjoy the indoor amenities - which Horsham has.
    But then there is Hamilton with its poorly located lounge. I will probably go regardless on Wednesday but with the prediction of some pretty average weather I bet there will not be as many there as there were at Stawell last Wednesday. I will be at least hoping that the club has been able to invest in a heater for the lounge
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Another day where the lack of better facilities stops a sane person from going to Hamilton
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Member Filly allanjg will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    allan gee

facilities

Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Another day where the lack of better facilities stops a sane person from going to Hamilton
    with the weather we`ve been having down here lately it would stop me from going to any track kev....in fairness to the hamilton, it was`nt that long ago that they were closed down by hrv,but with a lot of hard work and lobbying they regained there license on the provo. that they brought the track up to national standards....and that they did,arguably the fastest country track in victoria,if not aust.unfortunately it cleaned them out (money wise).so on a shoe string budget and trying to keep their prize money up there,i would say that their small hard working committee are doing a pretty fair job.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Thanks for the info Allan. Their problem is that they and Ballarat are the 2 tracks that rival the South Pole for miserable weather and the set up that they have with the lounge so far from the track means that as far as spectator attendances go - they need all their meets to be scheduled in the summer time.

I can sympathize but I think that maybe they/HRV need to adopt the 'in for a penny - in for a pound' philosophy and spend a little more.
    I'd hope it would not require a fortune to make a covered walkway from the old betting ring area to the back of the grandstand and to put a glass front and sides on the grandstand. Hamilton is a well-to-do area - I always marvel at the fact that neighbouring Dunkeld had a benefactor pay for the towns underground power (thus making it far more beautiful than my own Halls Gap)

I guess the theory is that attendances do not matter nowadays but I do not believe that future owners are going to come from pub and home lounges

ps Do you know if they have anything more than a bar radiator to heat their big lounge yet?
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Adaptor will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Noel Ridge

It was warm at Bendigo on Saturday night !!!!

Hi all

Kev, you should have come to Bendigo and viewed great racing from behind the glass...or watched the footy on the big screen. The Memorbilia collection area downstairs is nicely heated too.
    You could have come for a quiet read !
    Or if that wasn't to your liking, you could have stayed in the supper room just adjacent to the drivers and stewards and watched Sky Channel and all the replays, or the horses coming at you up the straight.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Adaptor View Post
    Hi all

Kev, you should have come to Bendigo and viewed great racing from behind the glass...or watched the footy on the big screen. The Memorbilia collection area downstairs is nicely heated too.
    You could have come for a quiet read !
    Or if that wasn't to your liking, you could have stayed in the supper room just adjacent to the drivers and stewards and watched Sky Channel and all the replays, or the horses coming at you up the straight.
    Noel, next you will be telling me that this is the menu
    Attached Images
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread