Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ground Control to HRA - re your homepage?

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    I have another thing for HRA to fix.
    Isn't it time to do away with people needing to log in to get stallion details (and be registered first)
    You know when you do a Horse Search and want to click on Progeny for a Sire
    We don't have to do it for the dam so lets streamline this process too

http://www.harness.org.au/ausbreed/r...on=main.search
    I have heard back from HRA and they have told me it is to block automated robots from scraping HRA’s breeding data
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    I have heard back from HRA and they have told me it is to block automated robots from scraping HRA’s breeding data
    I wonder whether NZ have got around this problem as you don't need registration with them. I don't think HRA are interested in finding out however
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    The website is starting to resemble a movie set, all shiny and smart out front but held up by props behind. It's very old now and in need of a rebuild, not a makeover.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Some of the performance history for horses is questionable too. I was looking up one tonight that won the WA Nugget, WA Derby and The Chariots Of Fire (all this century) and yet none of them are listed as Gp wins in his HRA record. ClassicFamilies credits the three as Gp1's so I will believe them
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    It's Tuesday and Sundays Maryborough trial results or replays are still not up ! I know they were abandoned after one trial but owners would still like to see the trial !
    Don't die wondering !

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I have a suggestion for the HRA homepage that I think would be popular
    I got the idea off the USTA site, although even they could improve how they present it
    They have a table Today's Feature Races
    They have it at the bottom of their homescreen (I would have it higher)
    and also on their Entries/Results page (this is the one I have attached below)

On the Entries/Results page they also have a link
    Yesterday's Top 10 races
    which is a fantastic way to see who won the 10 richest races and who ran the 10 fastest times
    Attached Images
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    On second thoughts the way they present it on their homepage with a slider would have advantages as far as space (especially when we have a big Friday or Saturday night)
    Attached Images
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I thought I would never be able to complain about HRA, HRV , .... after seeing the Canadian Fields and Results - you even have to enter the date if you want to see today's fields
    But NO, the trick is to click on Traditional View (just above the Entries, Results, .... tabs)
    The entries and results however are so basic that they look like they are typed on a typewriter

https://standardbredcanada.ca/racing/classic

is better than

https://standardbredcanada.ca/racing/direct
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread