PDA

View Full Version : Enough is Enough, Sponsorship gone Mad

Messenger
09-28-2020, 06:27 PM
It is time to rationalize the ridiculous impost that we are putting on the race-callers by requiring them to mention sponsors of
- Back Straights
- Home Turns
- Home Straights
- Sprint Lanes
- Winning Posts
- Tracks
- Race Names

Sheez

You're selling our soul !

Definitely NO back straight name - you can put signage all down the back straight - leave it out of the call

Only one of Home straight, bend, sprint lane or winning post

Race name is accepted nowadays

Parade ring is OK

Track IF they want to pay out some big bucks

Mind you, I still find it annoying when looking up Track details that Melton is under Tabcorp Park but Bendigo is not Lords (not that I want it labelled as such as we have to make it easy for converts)

Adaptor
09-28-2020, 07:12 PM
It is time to rationalize the ridiculous impost that we are putting on the race-callers by requiring them to mention sponsors of
- Back Straights
- Home Turns
- Home Straights
- Sprint Lanes
- Winning Posts
- Tracks
- Race Names

Sheez

You're selling our soul !

Definitely NO back straight name - you can put signage all down the back straight - leave it out of the call

Only one of Home straight, bend, sprint lane or winning post

Race name is accepted nowadays

Parade ring is OK

Track IF they want to pay out some big bucks

Mind you, I still find it annoying when looking up Track details that Melton is under Tabcorp Park but Bendigo is not Lords (not that I want it labelled as such as we have to make it easy for converts)

That's because Bendigo's track is not sponsored by The Lord, but I suppose we could fix that !!!

Messenger
09-28-2020, 08:31 PM
Converts, Soul, The Lord - we are a very religious forum ;)

Showgrounds
09-28-2020, 09:11 PM
Converts, Soul, The Lord - we are a very religious forum ;)

A lot in common between a Victorian trots meeting and a meeting with a representative of Our Lord - no more than 5 spectators and only outside!

aussiebreno
09-28-2020, 11:12 PM
I think its good by clubs getting more sponsorship dollars in. Sport struggles for sponsorship and this is an effective way for brands to be heard.

Messenger
09-29-2020, 12:48 AM
But do you like how some race calls are sounding?

aussiebreno
09-29-2020, 07:12 AM
But do you like how some race calls are sounding?
I don't care at all. Never crossed my mind personally.

Messenger
09-29-2020, 11:38 AM
It's probably a 50/50 thing, like Power Poles in Halls Gap (if I may digress a little) - half the people don't notice them, while the other half think they are a scar on the beautiful landscape. Of course, I am one who would kill for underground power :D

gutwagon
10-03-2020, 01:49 PM
As I type on my "Logitech keyboard" and view my "LG" monitor I have to agree with you Kevin. It's gone too far !

aussiebreno
10-04-2020, 12:45 PM
If sponsorships annoy you how about the whole back straight recital of ride Highs times and some bizarre Courage Under Fire reference?

Messenger
10-04-2020, 03:24 PM
Fine by me - I am interested in harness racing although I must admit callers generally reserve that for small fields and when there is no movement/action happening in a race. Modern callers know that they are calling for viewers not listeners nowadays so they don't have to paint the whole picture. I prefer a few facts (drivers etc) to Cordina Chickens or Slammin Sammies Panel Works

gutwagon
10-04-2020, 03:46 PM
If sponsorships annoy you how about the whole back straight recital of ride Highs times and some bizarre Courage Under Fire reference?
He should have gone over the current records during the score up not on the home bend ! But at least it was harness racing related.