PDA

View Full Version : Who is NSW best 4yo

tyson
03-02-2011, 12:22 PM
Just thinking about the chariots and watching a few replays.

1. Lanercost ( pretty much a NSW horse now )
2. Our High Octane
3. Chariot King

Lanercost and Chariot King are doing battle each week and Our High Octane is running different races. Anyone else have any 4yo's they watch closely in any states ?

buster
03-02-2011, 03:39 PM
bitobliss

Village Kid
03-02-2011, 04:29 PM
Agree that Bitobliss looks a real up and comer, the accelaration he showed to win on Hunter Cup night was very impressive.

Don't let Chris Barsby hear you call Lanercost a NSW Horse :)

tyson
03-02-2011, 05:22 PM
I thought i read somewhere that DG might be doing a move like McCarthy ?

mightymo
03-02-2011, 05:30 PM
I thought i read somewhere that DG might be doing a move like McCarthy ?

For A Reason - the best 4yo in Aust and as of next week will be based at Luke Mc's new property in NSW

triplev123
03-02-2011, 07:42 PM
Not so interested in the 4yos but I think I might know where the best 3yo in NSW is right now. He was born & bred here in Sydney too, making him a home-grown son of The Emerald City of Oz no less. I'll know a bit more in the next couple of weeks. Stay tuned. :cool:

aussiebreno
03-02-2011, 08:59 PM
No love for Cuttheattitude?

triplev I think you will find the best 3yo in NSW isnt in Sydney :D

mango
03-03-2011, 08:33 AM
Where is it Aussiebreno, curious.

triplev123
03-03-2011, 11:02 AM
Mister...them there's fightin' words! :p
He is yet to be produced at 3yrs breno. I think you'll see something pretty special when he does go forward in anger. From what I've seen he is very, very good. Time will tell.

buster
03-03-2011, 03:27 PM
a very ordinary bunch above imo

tyson
03-03-2011, 08:27 PM
Buster,

A very ordinary bunch above ? Shed some light on 4yo's going around in NSW going better at the moment ?

triplev123
03-03-2011, 11:37 PM
I can't think of a single one. That's not to say they're not here but.........??????????? Buggered if I know.

aussiebreno
03-04-2011, 12:45 AM
Where is it Aussiebreno, curious.
Won first up at Menangle then ran 2nd, then went ordinary in an M1-M2 at Shepparton and I think after that he was scratched from a race at Melton and hasnt started since. He may not have even been entered for a race at Melton I may be thinking of another horse

buster
03-07-2011, 02:40 PM
Won first up at Menangle then ran 2nd, then went ordinary in an M1-M2 at Shepparton and I think after that he was scratched from a race at Melton and hasnt started since. He may not have even been entered for a race at Melton I may be thinking of another horse
hes talking about cuttheattitude

aussiebreno
03-07-2011, 09:30 PM
hes talking about cuttheattitude

And so am I ....?

triplev123
03-08-2011, 01:16 AM
How quickly we forget, or at least I forget. Cuttheattitude was physically & mentally the toughest 2yo that I've ever seen. Guts & Glory. Hard as Nails. As a 4yo he paced a nice mile at Menangle on New Year's eve just gone. Here's hoping he comes back again to do battle in the 4yo+ ranks. I'd really like to see him at the top of his game again.

triplev123
03-08-2011, 06:41 PM
triplev I think you will find the best 3yo in NSW isnt in Sydney :D

You'll all notice him soon enough breno, he's Sydney born & bred, owned, trained & driven.
This colt is the real deal, big, great looking, great gaited, fast & strong. He has NSW Derby written all over him.

aussiebreno
03-08-2011, 11:26 PM
You'll all notice him soon enough breno, he's Sydney born & bred, owned, trained & driven.
This colt is the real deal, big, great looking, great gaited, fast & strong. He has NSW Derby written all over him.

He'll have to settle for second....watch out for the Bathurst winner to then go on and win the NSW Derby ;)

triplev123
03-09-2011, 11:59 AM
He's a nice horse too. Should be a great line-up when noms are called for.
At the same time, seeing how good these colts are going at 3yrs...it makes me weep for Tamerlano, he cracked a bone in his knee and will probably never race again. They'll break your heart the bastards. :(

buster
03-09-2011, 03:15 PM
ran some time but ridiculous to say that he is a derby contender after beating that lot (wrong thread -oscar lane im talking about)

triplev123
03-09-2011, 07:20 PM
Mock me at your peril my dear Buster for my record is pretty good.
The last one that I made an early crow about was Big Jim & he equalled the 2yo pacing colts World Record with a 1:49.1 mile in the Governor's Cup Final @ Woodbine and went on to become US & CAN 2yo of the Year in 2010.

Why don't we make it interesting? Shall we say Maker's Mark...? A bottle thereof ? If not, then choose your poison. I'm open to suggestions. :p

buster
03-09-2011, 08:56 PM
I recall the last one to said to watch was that filly of montgomerys? Beach melody, which also broke the clock and I warned you not to follow it on times from shepparton and it was beaten odds on it's first 2 starts

if your seriously wanting to wager that Oscar lane will win the derby I want as much on as you will take

mango
03-09-2011, 09:22 PM
I'll hold the bet lol.

triplev123
03-09-2011, 10:50 PM
????????? Buster, I can't hold your reply against you because, being significantly older than yourself I had the significant benefit of an education system that still actually taught reading and comprehension... as opposed to the more recent times when the followers of Antonio Gramsci had taken over and their march through the institutions was in full swing.
I said I thought he was a Derby contender and you even acknowleged that fact in your own wors by posting in #20 of this thread as follows...QUOTE [ran some time but ridiculous to say that he is a derby contender after beating that lot (wrong thread -oscar lane im talking about) ]END QUOTE
Try to read what I said, not some half baked version of what you think I said. I will bet you a bottle of Maker's that he is a contender come Derby time. Every time that I've put up a Stake of some sort you've run for cover and failed to drop into the box and make the pay up come cut-off time. Now will this be any different? It is immense anticipation that I await your reply. :p

buster
03-10-2011, 06:11 AM
I'd love to further the bet on who's more educated but that would be rude to take a bet I knew I couldn't lose.

I define contender as having a genuine chance of winning, as in could still win with a bad draw, your horse Oscar lane is therefore not a contender

aussiebreno
03-10-2011, 09:37 AM
I'd love to further the bet on who's more educated but that would be rude to take a bet I knew I couldn't lose.

I define contender as having a genuine chance of winning, as in could still win with a bad draw, your horse Oscar lane is therefore not a contender

I define contender more loosely. To me even Pay The Man is a contender. He has no chance of winning the NSW Derby but he will start in the heats and may qualify for the final, therefore is a contender.
However your post infers that if Oscar Lane drew a gun gate and got a good run you beleive he could win? Correct me if I am wrong with that inference. But to me, under my definition, you think he is definetely a contender! Ahh the english language hey.

buster
03-10-2011, 01:11 PM
No I mean the opposite, it doesn't matter where he draws he can't win

triplev123
03-10-2011, 05:55 PM
A certificate from Pre School for learning to tie your shoelaces doesn't count and neither do Lamington Drive Woggles from Cubs or Scouts. You have however managed to duck repeated wager offers like a Master...Hajime mashita Sensei. C'mon now Buster. You'll get out of a bottle of Maker's for under $50 if you hand deliver it, though it is possible you may well have seen through my rather thinly veiled plan...suspecting quite rightly that all I'll do is pass it on to a Menangle based horsemen who is far fonder and more deserving of it that I. So what's it to be son? Are you going to put your kanga where your pie hole is... 1 bottle of Maker's says he gets there and if he wins I'll do a nude run across the infield. Shop around, you will not beat that deal.

buster
03-10-2011, 07:28 PM
I'm not just betting that he makes the derby final, How about that he gets beaten by 20m or more in the final if he even makes it

mango
03-11-2011, 08:27 AM
There's know doubting the horse has ability but when you get the best 3yr old's going around that have had more race experience and then there's the distance some horses are great over the mile but when you go a tough 2300m they are found out. I see there's a difference of opinion on this one so if he make's the final i reckon get the bet on and the final result will be the telling story.

triplev123
03-11-2011, 11:45 AM
Once again a BIG statement out of the gate but found wanting in the drive to the wire. C'mon now. Finish the race off for once. You can't go moving the winning post about & speeding up the frames on the tape like they used to do with those old videos of going horses for sale out of NZ. Stick to the original parameters of that to which you objected. Are you really that hard up for funds that a few ticks short of $50 is all that is keeping the Wolf from the door? Please tell me you're not eating those Hui's Sui Min add hot water and stir noodles in the styrofoam cup with the exotic stylized Hong-Kong Chinese style dragon motif emblazoned across the sides. The Punt hasn't been that bad has it? :p

bbd
03-11-2011, 12:39 PM
Triplev123 and Buster. I dont know who you 2 are, but you obviously know each other.
Instead of you both going on like spoilt children, why you this use Harness Racing forum to discuss Harness Racing.
So what if someone disagress with you! That's why we have this forum.
Please talk/discuss issues in Harness Racing and leave the jibes at each other for some other arena

triplev123
03-11-2011, 04:15 PM
The roots of Harness Racing as a sport/industry lie buried deep in the age old arguement of "I think this horse is faster than that horse". This is just Buster's and my own cyber version of racing each other to Church of a Sunday morning. Besides...to quote Maximus Decimus Meridius...Are you not entertained? Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here? :p

mango
03-11-2011, 04:58 PM
Entertained yes and i think it's great that you both have a difference in opinion and argue the point, where not school kids so a bit of light hearted banter makes for all the more fun. Triple/Buster keep us entertained.

triplev123
03-11-2011, 05:50 PM
G'day Mango,

You're welcome. I write all my own material & can also Tapdance & Juggle.
Buster's specialties include shuffling deckchairs and backing through the field inside of the final 16th of a Mile. :p
In all seriousness though, together we've landed our own TV Show on Channel 9.
The Exces there figure that we could not possibly crash & burn as badly as Ben Elton has done in recent weeks so it's full speed ahead.
The tentative name is 'Buster & Triple's Comedy Hour'.
We basically re-work a host of old Johnny Carson Show routines including regular appearances by everyone's favourite mystic from the East... 'Carnak The Magnificent'. Buster plays Carnak...and I play the Ed McMahon's straight guy role. I also resurrect Andy Kaufman's lounge singer alter-ego, Tony Clifton. ;)

aussiebreno
03-26-2011, 11:58 PM
http://www.boozle.com.au/

aussiebreno
03-26-2011, 11:59 PM
http://www.boozle.com.au/spirits/brand/makers-mark/name/-/size/700ml/state/NSW/suburb/all

buster
03-27-2011, 01:00 AM
soho valencia went faster sitting parked...

triplev123
03-27-2011, 06:16 AM
How far wrong were you?
Now give it a good hit in recognition of that Buster.
http://www.synergyhouse.net/Tibeten/Tibetan-Gong-1002-1.jpg

aussiebreno
03-27-2011, 07:46 AM
soho valencia went faster sitting parked...

The 2yo consolation went the same time as the 3yos (2.00.9)... theres no way those 2yos are getting near the 3yos.

mango
03-27-2011, 08:16 AM
Different distance, wlould that be right.

triplev123
03-27-2011, 08:40 PM
1730 for the 2yos vs 2130 for the 3yos. Buster's cut Rob Watson's colt a 1/4 mile discount.

buster
03-27-2011, 09:00 PM
he is 1 year younger...

triplev123
03-27-2011, 09:19 PM
Nah. You'll not be allowed to gloss over your mistake that easily Buster. Go have a chat to Uncle Russ and he will explain it all to you. Speed over distance. It's an interesting concept. :p

buster
03-28-2011, 12:20 AM
and here i was thinking that the mile rate was designed to compare times of races over varying distances...

but thats just me

aussiebreno
03-28-2011, 01:33 AM
and here i was thinking that the mile rate was designed to compare times of races over varying distances...

but thats just me
So your saying that because Predict ran 1.58.2 around Ballarat over 1710 that she is better than Blacks A Fake because he got beat at Ballarat when running 1.58.3 over 2710 in the Cup to Safari.
For all those who dont know this champion she won race 7 http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-results.cfm?mc=BA010311&ms=vic&fromstate=vic

mango
03-28-2011, 08:16 AM
Hey Aussiebreno

I agree with you, distance plays a big part in it. Some horses can fly the short distance but are average over the middle to longer distance so you can't compare time's untill they run the same distance.

triplev123
03-28-2011, 11:22 AM
Geeze. Them's the words of a crazy man Buster. Are you serious??????????