PDA

View Full Version : Push to sell off inner city racing - Harness and Greyhounds

NormanS
04-12-2014, 10:50 AM
Sydney Morning Herald:
http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/revealed-push-to-sell-dog-track-20140411-36ikx.html
I notice no Gallops...
and then this also in the Sydney Morning Herald
http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/penrith-may-build-500m-sport-stadium-20140411-36ij2.html
Sell of 2 sports assets to fund another sports dreams to build. At least in the 2nd article they suggest the building of a race track "precinct" at eastern creek.

Lethal
04-12-2014, 10:37 PM
They can't SELL Fairfield. It's owned by the local Council.

Danno
04-12-2014, 10:52 PM
Same with Penrith I think Lee, "shouldn't always believe what we read in the papers" was a gem of advise from my grandfather... he passed about 45 years ago, but he gave me a few gems that have never left me. thankfully.

NormanS
04-12-2014, 11:04 PM
The first article talks about crown land. About ways developers can get around this, which would require then buying out leases etc.

Hermione
04-13-2014, 08:47 AM
My paper quote Danno from my mother-in-law who barely attended school, "Paper never refused ink yet", often use that one :)

Hermione
04-13-2014, 08:52 AM
My paper quote Danno from my mother-in-law who barely attended school, "Paper never refused ink yet", often use that one :)

Richard prior
04-13-2014, 10:22 AM
I've got a little gem as well, Money Talks, Bull.... Walks. The developers have untapped amounts of money and as we've seen in the past, If the price is right, The laws will be changed to suit them. Would love to see another nice track and hopefully not 1400m and Eastern Creek would be a perfect location for a lot more participants, Pretty sure that the trainers from up Newcastle way and out West would appreciate it as 2 Motorways go right by Eastern Creek.

Danno
04-13-2014, 08:46 PM

Love it Emma, succinct and spot on!

Danno
04-13-2014, 08:49 PM
I've got a little gem as well, Money Talks, Bull.... Walks. The developers have untapped amounts of money and as we've seen in the past, If the price is right, The laws will be changed to suit them. Would love to see another nice track and hopefully not 1400m and Eastern Creek would be a perfect location for a lot more participants, Pretty sure that the trainers from up Newcastle way and out West would appreciate it as 2 Motorways go right by Eastern Creek.

Reckon if they built another really big track like Menangle Rich, that would be a negative move. Don't get me wrong I like the track at Campbelltown. but it doesnt suit all horses and it's racing distance options are limited due also to it's circumference.

cityboy
04-13-2014, 10:12 PM
i reckon they should sell off bankstown and fairfield along with wenty park, leave penrith as a stand alone and build a super 1/2 mile track at eastern creek to accommodate harness and greyhound racing.

Richard prior
04-13-2014, 10:26 PM
A replica of The Little Brown Jug track would be fantastic from a spectator point of view.