PDA

View Full Version : FIXED ODDS EXOTICS. Who wants it?

Maorisidol
04-12-2014, 10:07 PM
Some betting agencies advertise that they have fixed odds Exactas etc.
What do you think about that being offered for the Trots?
Personally i'd love it.
Had a few examples this weekend that i think "$12 for those 2!!!???" Would have been all over that, but you don't indulge because it may pay $4...

Richard prior
04-13-2014, 10:48 PM
Sounds like a great option Ash.

Maorisidol
04-14-2014, 01:01 AM
Cheers Richard,
A shame no betting agencies won't offer it on the trots...

Messenger
04-14-2014, 01:43 PM
Interesting article in the business section of The Age today
http://www.theage.com.au/business/online-betting-unmasked-so-are-we-all-being-gamed-by-an-entire-industry-20140413-36leo.html
Suggests head office is managing TAB's where restricted online fixed odds punters have turned to cash betting at agencies to get around being banned online.

aussiebreno
04-14-2014, 01:55 PM
http://www.theage.com.au/business/online-betting-unmasked-so-are-we-all-being-gamed-by-an-entire-industry-20140413-36leo.html
Suggests head office is managing TAB's where restricted online fixed odds punters have turned to cash betting at agencies to get around being banned online.Even without monitoring the cash betting at agencies is still not even a great option for punters. I tried putting $50 on fixed odds on a horse at $34 and they wouldn't let me on. Put $20 on and they wound the price in. Bunch of pansies!

Fixed odds exotics would be great. But I reckon you be lucky getting on for $5. It would be a long way off though. Would have to be introduced in gallops first. If you look at fixed odd win markets, many gallops are up day before, yet harness goes up 15mins before they race. A lot would have to change for the exotics to become fixed in harness.

The Escape Club
04-14-2014, 04:55 PM
Suggests head office is managing TAB's where restricted online fixed odds punters have turned to cash betting at agencies to get around being banned online.

Or you could live where I do and if your voucher is worth over $500 they won't pay it out, so you've either got to break your bet down or you have to send your voucher off to TAB in Perth and they'll direct deposit into your account.

I did notice that the manager of the tavern who was winning quite handsomely when my horses were having a good patch never seemed to have any problem cashing his tickets out.

aussiebreno
04-14-2014, 05:32 PM
Or you could live where I do and if your voucher is worth over $500 they won't pay it out, so you've either got to break your bet down or you have to send your voucher off to TAB in Perth and they'll direct deposit into your account.

I did notice that the manager of the tavern who was winning quite handsomely when my horses were having a good patch never seemed to have any problem cashing his tickets out.Could be a decision of the manager and not the TAB?

Messenger
04-14-2014, 09:19 PM
Could be a decision of the manager and not the TAB?

Yep maybe he is trying to avoid being managed by head office like The Age article talks about

The Escape Club
04-14-2014, 09:26 PM
Could be a decision of the manager and not the TAB?

Yes it's not the TAB it's the policy of Spotless who manage the tavern. It's not a full TAB, they just have a couple of touch machines. The policy cost them quite a few customers, a lot of people opened online accounts to avoid the problem.

Danno
04-14-2014, 10:38 PM

I did notice that the manager of the tavern who was winning quite handsomely when my horses were having a good patch never seemed to have any problem cashing his tickets out.

That sucks Robert, but i went through Leinster a couple of years ago and I'm guessing they aren't holding a lot of cash on the races. Joys of mining I guess mate.
cheers,
Dan

Maorisidol
04-14-2014, 10:43 PM
Even without monitoring the cash betting at agencies is still not even a great option for punters. I tried putting $50 on fixed odds on a horse at $34 and they wouldn't let me on. Put $20 on and they wound the price in. Bunch of pansies!

Fixed odds exotics would be great. But I reckon you be lucky getting on for $5. It would be a long way off though. Would have to be introduced in gallops first. If you look at fixed odd win markets, many gallops are up day before, yet harness goes up 15mins before they race. A lot would have to change for the exotics to become fixed in harness.

Just spoke to Ladbrokes who do have Fixed Exacta, Quinella and Trifectas and they will not be offering it on the trots, the guy intimated this was due to them being "red hot" (my words)...at least he "thinks" thats what the bookmakers who make these decisions have determined...(allegedly!!!) being very careful with my choice of words here...!

Messenger
04-15-2014, 12:25 PM
Yes it's not the TAB it's the policy of Spotless who manage the tavern. It's not a full TAB, they just have a couple of touch machines. The policy cost them quite a few customers, a lot of people opened online accounts to avoid the problem.
and that way if you become a consistent biggish winner they will ban you from fixed odds betting - like the article said : they only want losers.
It might be a case of - if there was only pool betting and thus a bigger pool, even the bigger punters would be better off as they won't be banned. It is just like online poker - they do not care who wins, their cut is a given