PDA

View Full Version : Ashley Ainsworth $153

Maorisidol
05-19-2014, 01:24 AM
Another Ashley belting the shizen out of a horse for no reason and angry at the same time!
Terang Sun 18th May 2014 race 3 Trot.
Whiteway Lane at $153 leads to the final turn (where he normally gives up and fades or same if he has the sit) but Ashley proceeds to smack the crap out of him all the way down the straight when he CLEARLY has now no chance of winning, and just cos he can belts him 2-3 times maybe the most aggressive of any hit, AFTER the winning post while running 8th about 20m from the winner.
Why Ash?
Why dad Trainer of the horse Barry?
Doesn't look good.
The horse is 9 years old, its not like he has to be "taught" to finish off his races!

Messenger
05-19-2014, 02:44 AM
That is an absolute disgrace. I await the stewards report

cityboy
05-19-2014, 03:10 AM
just watched the reply - i dont think theres anything in it unless im watching the wrong race, he was just keeping his horse going and wasnt hitting all that hard - horse prob wouldnt even feel it - in saying that i cant see what happens past the past.........also nothing from stewards..

Pena
05-19-2014, 01:35 PM
I would have to agree it was a pretty ordinarily look.

Messenger
05-19-2014, 02:01 PM
just watched the reply - i dont think theres anything in it unless im watching the wrong race, he was just keeping his horse going and wasnt hitting all that hard - horse prob wouldnt even feel it - in saying that i cant see what happens past the past.........also nothing from stewards..

Really !!!! He looked like he was hitting it with everything his left arm could muster :mad:

Pena
05-19-2014, 05:42 PM
Having watches a few races front the US this morning I might have to change my mind. They absolutely flog them.

Richard prior
05-19-2014, 09:41 PM
Watch it again George and keep your eye Whiteway Lane when they start to slow down, It's ever so brief but it looks like he's run up the back of another horse, Pretty ordinary effort by the driver all round. Jack not all drivers flog the horses, Just the odd boofhead.

Messenger
05-19-2014, 10:16 PM
The best horse I was involved with would kick the driver out of the sulky if you touched him with the whip. I admired that about him. He was a real racer nevertheless and he would always try to swoop home when he was pulled out.

Danno
05-19-2014, 10:30 PM
Personally not big on bagging drivers, but I think the use of the whip was inside the rules but outside of a fair go for the horse, he was going scratchy all the way and somewhat moreso when challenged at about the 1000m, If he was my horse I would be thinking he's going around on three legs, but he's not, so I really don't know. The horses form was certainly much better a while back.