Toohard
05-29-2014, 07:59 PM
Road trip(s) Lukey?

http://www.harness.org.au/news-article.cfm?news_id=23622

aussiebreno
05-29-2014, 08:32 PM
Road trip(s) Lukey?

http://www.harness.org.au/news-article.cfm?news_id=23622
What a stupid question! You will be clocking up the ks!

jackthepunter
05-29-2014, 09:03 PM
about time, their is a god.

Danno
05-29-2014, 09:09 PM
I hope Lances plans come to fruition, we will definitley catch the Menangle race and will do our best to get to Melton if his final start is there.

The horse has been a true superstar of the game and anyone that's a horse fan of any type would have to love him for his ability, durablility, but most of all his outstanding courage!!! Hope he gets a wonderful send off, he deserves nothing less.

Maorisidol
05-30-2014, 01:56 AM
oops Sorry Paul, missed your earlier thread that had slipped down the list from 4 hours earlier!

Smoken
05-30-2014, 12:08 PM
The Mighty Trigger will finally be having is beyond well deserved rest. This horse has been very special to me for so many reasons. I would like to say thank you for all the special memories over the years, the thrills, the excitement, and the list goes on and on. I have never seen a braver/tougher more courageous horse than yourself and I highly doubt I will in my life time.
Thanks to Lance for the excitement he had with you, it must be extremely difficult to end the dream run he has had with you over the many years. I'm so sad that your racing days are finally coming to an end but I m so happy that you are healthy and you enjoy the rest of your life.
Thanks again Smoken Up/Trigger, Love ya!

p plater
05-30-2014, 12:32 PM
Watching the way Trigger still races with that outstanding will to win, it is obviously Lance's decision not Triggers. He would still prefer a fight to a feed.
A true racehorse who has seen off over the last few years many would be heirs to his throne.

Smoken
05-30-2014, 12:44 PM
I remember that race when he was nearly 3 wide the trip, the race where David Hercules was in. What a run!! I was screaming my head off! Next to these words in the dictionary, Champion, Legend, Brave, Courageous, Warrior, should be a picture of Trigger :)

Toohard
05-30-2014, 01:51 PM
Spot on Evangelos

Not making comparisons with horses but remember the start of the Phar Lap movie?
The reporter bloke walks up the hill to Mr Telford and says "Why all the fuss? He was just a horse". To which he gruffly replied "He wasn't just a horse".

I'm sure there are many, many stories out there of what Smoken Up meant to people other than being 'just a horse'. We've got one and I know of a few others too and hopefully they all get told.

Looking forward to the celebrations... son packed his bag last night.

Smoken
05-30-2014, 02:32 PM
He wasn't just a horse applies to the King for certain!
I'd love to hear your story/stories Paul, & anyone else's stories on how this Great horse impacted them.
He is my favourite Pacer of all time & I will treasure all the memories!

arlington
05-30-2014, 02:58 PM
Quoting http://www.harness.org.au/news-artic...?news_id=23622 (http://www.harness.org.au/news-artic...?news_id=23622) This season he’s had 21 starts for six wins and nine minor placings for earnings of $229,643.
Goes a long way to backing up the horse is still a champ. Got to love his Popular Alm Sprint run, beaten by a swooper out wide in the shadows of the post. Any chance there's a slim chance we might see SU v ITMQ at Menangle one last time?? Either way, I'm not convinced we won't see SU once again decked in garlands of glory before the carnival is over. Maybe Sam will get the Seekers back from the UK.

Smoken
05-30-2014, 06:05 PM
That would be such a draw card, TriggerVQuinny!
Unfortunately, Trigger is 2 yrs older than Quinny, and regardless of the amazing runs he is still racing, Quinny is racing better than ever before or just as good, so it wouldn't really be a fair match up at all IMO.
I still truly believe, that at Triggers peak, and Quinnies peak, Trigger would be the Victor!
Both are Champions of the game, I just prefer Triggers beast/ferocious fighting style!

Lucky Camilla"s Lovechild
05-30-2014, 09:51 PM
I wonder if this will be one of those Johnny Farnham farewell tours:)

Danno
05-30-2014, 10:44 PM

You're a funny bugger Leigh, and I hope you are wrong, as much as I would like to see Trigger race on forever, because his gigantic heart is always on display, dreamtime makes way for reality!

Richard prior
05-30-2014, 11:09 PM

Not another one, I guess I could tag along with the Missus if Kate Ceberano was on the undercard.

brent_L
07-30-2014, 11:50 AM
Looks as though it will be a winning farewell to SA this Sunday. His only danger (#7) will be giving him a start so Jimmy Jacques should have all the time in the world down the front straight to deliver the superlatives.

I will say it's a bloody shame it's not on Satdy night along with Menangle & Melton though.

Toohard
07-30-2014, 04:03 PM
I will say it's a bloody shame it's not on Satdy night along with Menangle & Melton though.

No way a shame Brent! We wouldn't be able to be at Melton and Globe Derby if it was on Satdy night!!

brent_L
07-30-2014, 05:07 PM
There's no I in team Paul

Enjoy your arvo

Toohard
07-30-2014, 07:23 PM

Enjoy your arvo

Yeh there is!

http://www.neatorama.com/2012/06/13/there-is-an-i-in-team/?mobile=no

Hope they get a heap there and we'll enjoy for sure.

Cheers

jackthepunter
07-30-2014, 08:56 PM

Enjoy your arvo
mightn't be an i but their's a m an e = me

Danno
07-30-2014, 11:41 PM
Yeh there is!

Cheers

Yeh, theres an I in team, hidden between the legs of an "A", ha ha what's he doing up there Paul??

Cheers mate,
couldn't help that
Dan

brent_L
07-31-2014, 12:54 AM
Yeh there is!

Cheers
I like the 2nd of the two comments.......the i is in the A-hole.

Smoken
07-31-2014, 10:47 PM
All the very best for Sunday, Trigger & Lance!

p plater
08-01-2014, 08:51 PM

Totally agree, still love watching him and Caribbean Blaster in 2013 SA Cup.....one of his best ever http://media.harness.org.au/sa/GDM12011301.wmv

Messenger
08-01-2014, 08:56 PM

Good to see you back Smoken

Smoken
08-02-2014, 12:29 AM
Thanks Kevin, good to be back :)
I love watching that replay Bailey, never gets old!

p plater
08-02-2014, 01:30 AM
Hey Smoken, have you done your time or are you out on bail???? haha

Richard prior
08-02-2014, 12:25 PM
Hi Bailey, Smoken's been doing detention, He's a very naughty boy lol.

Smoken
08-02-2014, 03:05 PM
The sin bin sux guys :( :)

Smoken
08-03-2014, 03:43 PM
Who do you guys think will try lead in Triggers last race? I'd say Astronaut and Mark Dennis will try get there first. What are the chances of Trigger? Come On Frank is in career best form and is a danger.. I hope Trigger goes out a winner at his last race @ Globe Derby.

Toohard
08-03-2014, 05:04 PM
We made it in time for first..just. Luke very excited. Dad numb arse - SDVETS.
Lovely sunny warm day. Fair crowd here.

Smoken
08-03-2014, 07:23 PM
What a horse, what a race call!! A few tears of happiness and sadness at the same time for me! Love Trigger! Well done Trigger & Lance!

Toohard
08-03-2014, 07:49 PM
What a horse, what a race call!! A few tears of happiness and sadness at the same time for me! Love Trigger! Well done Trigger & Lance!

Didn't hear call. Crowd up yelling 2 laps out. Absolute magic! Go Trigger!

Smoken
08-03-2014, 07:55 PM
That would have been amazing to be there Paul. Pure dedication from you and your son! There will never be another like Trigger! CHAMPION & LEGEND :)

littlelenny
08-04-2014, 03:43 AM
Hes been a superhorse and although hes at the end of his career he still hasnt lost that courage and determination to win. Great race, great call, great win trigger and lance and only .6 of a second off the track record which was set in the inter heats back in 2007. Farewell champ i think you definetly have left the people of S.A with some great memories.

Messenger
08-04-2014, 01:25 PM
That would have been amazing to be there Paul. Pure dedication from you and your son! There will never be another like Trigger! CHAMPION & LEGEND :)
'Father of the Year' stuff I reckon

Richard prior
08-04-2014, 02:18 PM
Got my vote for what it's worth Kev.

p plater
08-04-2014, 04:42 PM
Just got back myself from Adelaide...what a great day.
I think I saw Paul & Luke with Lance after the race, I wasn't able to catch up with them but I heard Lance wish Paul good luck with his horse. Great work Lance.
So many locals saying they are going to Melton for his last run.

Smoken
08-04-2014, 06:52 PM
.6 of the record? At age 12? Geeeezzz... Would have loved to be there, but God willing, will be at Melton for sure :)

Richard prior
08-04-2014, 07:22 PM
Yes looked like he got around the corner pretty good as well.

p plater
08-04-2014, 08:11 PM
Yes looked like he got around the corner pretty good as well.

Richard, Lance said in the presentation that Trigger still doesn't handle the tighter turns and had to wait until straightening before he asked him to go. He said Trigger was never going to let Come On Frank pass him. He was full of praise for his "will to win" even at this age.
Given the time, it would have been interesting had he drawn the front, how close it would have been to a track record....now that would have been sensational!!!

Toohard
08-04-2014, 10:36 PM
Just got back myself from Adelaide...what a great day.
I think I saw Paul & Luke with Lance after the race, I wasn't able to catch up with them but I heard Lance wish Paul good luck with his horse. Great work Lance.
So many locals saying they are going to Melton for his last run.

Yep that was us Bailey! Wish you'd sung out.

We took the slow lane home. Back about an hour ago all safe.

Yes was a magic day. Long drive but worth every mile.

Father of year Kev? Sure his teachers be impressed he had day off school for a horse! And his mum even more impressed he was studying the Maryborough form on way home today instead of studying for school test tomorrow.

Messenger
08-04-2014, 11:49 PM
Yep that was us Bailey! Wish you'd sung out.

We took the slow lane home. Back about an hour ago all safe.

Yes was a magic day. Long drive but worth every mile.

Father of year Kev? Sure his teachers be impressed he had day off school for a horse! And his mum even more impressed he was studying the Maryborough form on way home today instead of studying for school test tomorrow.
Day off school and you did not even stay at The Gap on the way home - I don't know
I would have been bad company - still suffering!

Smoken
08-05-2014, 06:20 PM
I just noticed that there are some that disliked/hated Jimmy's call last Sunday.. I personally thought it was very exciting as Jimmy painted a picture to his/her listeners. Sure Jimmy made a few errors, but his passion and excitement was where it should be IMO.
Did people realise it was the Champs ever last race call in S.A?
Jimmy is one of my favourite callers going around in the trots.
Thanks for a fantastic call Jimmy :)

Richard prior
08-05-2014, 07:44 PM
Can't believe that Smoken, If they don't like Jimmy's race calls, Turn the bloody volume down. Jimmy's passion is second to none and I thought it was a terrific call.

Smoken
08-05-2014, 07:55 PM
Seriously Rich, I was shocked at some comments regarding Jimmy's call. Some people just don't understand passion :)

doinmabest
08-05-2014, 08:27 PM
JJ epitomises passion and his call was befitting the occasion.... One thing I can vouch for in this caper is there is no pleasing everyone and it is futile to try... Hats off Jimmy, well played

Smoken
08-05-2014, 08:42 PM
Well said Fred. I always remember your call of Trigger breaking the 1.50 barrier, and a few others that Trigger racked up there. Spine tingling and very passionate!

Messenger
08-05-2014, 08:44 PM
I didn't hear it (I don't hear many LOL) but callers of any sport definitely fall under personal taste. Even being deaf I hate shouters - the equivalent of a Rex Hunt football call and I would rather have no sound.
I think it is important that a call should not be over the top for an ordinary run of the mill race - the gallops caller I hear on Win news for Warrnambool races clearly believes every race he calls is the race of the century. Personal preference like I said - I am sure the winning owners of those races love it
Greg Miles for me in the gallopers - calm and accurate with just a dash of flair and excitement

p plater
08-06-2014, 06:19 PM
We talk about the next generation and the new media available to us. I found this on "Come On Frank" facebook page, now a way down his page, a fantastic photo of Smoken Up and Come on Frank touching noses. (If someone smarter than me can put it up here it would be appreciated)
The caption reads
"Smoken Up and Meee!!!!! Trigger is giving me some wise words of wisdom and some tips on how to win the next 4 SA Cups — with SMOKEN UP NZ (https://www.facebook.com/pages/SMOKEN-UP-NZ/95385437719)."

Great stuff, this sort of thing should be in the main print for the good side of our sport.

Smoken
08-06-2014, 06:35 PM
I saw that last night Bailey, and thought exactly what you stated! Why is stuff like this not on main print... You would think the people who's job it is to do these things, would search the required horse/s over the net and make there job so much more enjoyable and enjoyable to there viewers or listeners..
JBonnington and BRedden got on my nerves yesterday in regards to a few different topics.
I guess they are the 'new school'.

Here is Frank's fb link if anyone would like to have a good read.
All the best to the Billinger family this weekend, on what should be a very emotional day/race :(
My thoughts and prayers will be with you guys.

https://m.facebook.com/come.onfrank?fref=ts

Smoken
08-06-2014, 06:44 PM
They are both the best of friends :)

p plater
08-06-2014, 07:23 PM
I think I worked it out...photo link https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/10524305_797527650298741_2615362399609303635_n.jpg ?oh=e0e306b34ff220059ed5cb680a2d00b3&oe=5434716F&__gda__=1413434327_cf424a1cb64ac74ef81bb867518a5c7 8

broncobrad
08-06-2014, 09:23 PM
Well done Bailey, I think its just a wonderful photo...cannot stop looking at Triggers eye...he looks like he knows the answers to all of life mystery's...and Frank is all ears. Two great horses with such different stories.

p plater
08-06-2014, 09:34 PM
For me Brad, Trigger is saying..."now look here young fella"

Smoken
08-06-2014, 09:39 PM
Hahaha good comments!
Frank's saying, oh c'mon Champ, give me some tips... Trigger is thinking bout it cheekily :)

Messenger
08-06-2014, 11:22 PM
Good photo Bailey - maybe you should start a Caption thread

Richard prior
08-06-2014, 11:30 PM
Sounds good Kev, I'm sure the boss will be onto it. A photo album would be great, I'm sure that a few of the guys would have some priceless ones.