PDA

View Full Version : Who is more important - the Trainer or the Driver?

Messenger
07-03-2014, 01:28 AM
All of us use HRA's horse search or maybe we just click on a horse on the latest results page to bring up its details and then we will quite often click on the Horses Racing Performance tab - this is where I have a problem.

One of the columns in the Table is for Driver but there is none for Trainer. If you click on one of the races in the race code column there is still NO Trainer details on the results page even for the winner.

I am slightly more interested in knowing who the Trainer was for each of the horse's starts than who the Driver was, although I think we should have both

What do you think?

brent_L
07-03-2014, 01:56 AM
Kev, some of us went thru this a few months back. The majority were on a similar wave length to yourself.....it took us some time to get Brendan on side though (dunno how to smiley face sorry Brendo).......I recall something about being spoon-fed!!

Messenger
07-03-2014, 02:00 AM
I think I started that one too Brent but that was about whether we should have a change of trainer highlighted.
This is about the HRA records and if enough people agree with me, I will put it to them. Cheers mate

ps But you are right - we did get into the fact that you could not even find out from the records

aussiebreno
07-03-2014, 04:55 AM
Kev, some of us went thru this a few months back. The majority were on a similar wave length to yourself.....it took us some time to get Brendan on side though (dunno how to smiley face sorry Brendo).......I recall something about being spoon-fed!!
That was for an official change of trainer notification similar to gear change notification, a seperate thing.
They already list trainer name in the form guide and results, should be easy for them to include in the HRA performance page.

brent_L
07-03-2014, 10:34 PM
please excuse my ignorance

aussiebreno
07-04-2014, 12:33 AM
please excuse my ignorance
No dramas mate its a rarity I admit to being wrong so remembered it well!

Messenger
03-05-2015, 05:33 PM
Looking at the fields for NZ tomorrow I noticed at the bottom of each field they sometimes have 3 notices eg. Race 2

Notifiable Gear Changes: Charming Lavra: FD-Off, RD-On, Saffron Castleton: P-Off, FD-Off, Yagunnakissmeornot: BL-On Legend

Horse Movements: Barry to Ray Green at Pukekohe

Assessment Drop Backs: Barry C2 to C1

I especially like the Horse Movements. This has probably been happening for years but once again I think NZ leads the way

Mister JayKO
03-06-2015, 12:36 PM
http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-results.cfm?mc=92N127&ms=nsw#HHM5593

What is wrong with this data? Noting I've pointed it out on more than one occasion to the HRA?

Messenger
03-06-2015, 04:18 PM
What am I looking for there Stu?

Mister JayKO
03-06-2015, 05:02 PM
Chris Alford did not drive the Diamond, he was listed to but as Harold Parker would know, balmy Spring evenings in Sydney usually mean storms and the puppet's plane was diverted / delayed and he arrived on track as DR Hancock finished her preliminary, despite a very average drive by Darren, she was way too good for that field and pocketed her second consecutive Ladyship Mile. The error has remained for over 20 years, I've tried on two occasions to have it corrected. So when Chris goes through his next ,000 wins it will be no. 1 that is the horse that should be remembered - because he didn't drive that one. Just like John Justice didn't drive two in the same race at Melton a few Friday's ago as the results would lead you to believe.

aussiebreno
04-14-2015, 06:43 PM
Not really on topic, but it was either here or the odds and ends thread. Smoldas form guide for the Renshaw Cup on harness.org.au is a bit misleading.

Richard prior
04-14-2015, 07:03 PM
Well Spotted Breno, Smolda has had 6 starts since the Interdom final.

Messenger
04-14-2015, 07:17 PM
You're going to have to help me with a link boys - I have tried to find it myself - googled Renshaw Cup to find out it was a Penrith event but did not see it listed for this Thursday

Richard prior
04-14-2015, 07:44 PM
Go to the Australian Harness Racing site Kev, Then click on Wagering, Then Punters Corner and then the Penrith meeting and go to the form for the Renshaw Cup, Hope this helps mate.

Messenger
04-14-2015, 07:58 PM
Got it now, thanks Rich (reading too much Audit Report has scrambled my brain)
I count 7 NZ starts - why aren't they in the form guide when NZ starts pre 14 Inter are listed

Lucky we can rely on NZ

http://harness.hrnz.co.nz/gas/wa/r/infohorsewahr/wsd01x?Arg=hrnzg-Ptype&Arg=HorseSearch&Arg=hrnzg-DoSearch&Arg=TRUE&Arg=hrnzg-HorseName&Arg=smolda

Messenger
04-14-2015, 08:06 PM
How come you guys have such a meeting on a Thursday night?