PDA

View Full Version : Worth a thread- Palais de Louvre

jackthepunter
07-15-2014, 03:49 PM
Get on Palais De Louvre good thing from one.

Toohard
07-15-2014, 04:35 PM
Get on Palais De Louvre good thing from one.

Hope you're right!! Drawn 1 and led there a few times before and got beaten up sprint lane every time.

Messenger
07-19-2014, 08:46 PM
Sooooooo Close Paul. I thought Australia's best named horse had got up

Maorisidol
07-19-2014, 08:48 PM
Hope you're right!! Drawn 1 and led there a few times before and got beaten up sprint lane every time.

Wow close guys!
Missed by a bees knee!
Nearly got a "sprint lane revenge" there Paul!

Toohard
07-19-2014, 09:54 PM
Close at it gets. He gave us chance to yell our heads off again. We happy.

broncobrad
07-19-2014, 10:20 PM
You know what I think mate... love that brave little horse of yours... time to get the photo finish camera recalibrated me thinks!!!!

Messenger
07-20-2014, 03:49 PM
It does not seem right for Palais to be beaten by a Larrakeyah mare when he is the sole advertisement going for Safe and Sound. He is pretty much the only thing keeping U313 going too Paul - that is until his siblings hit the track ;)

U313's from the past include Norms Daughter, Just Too Good, Uncle Joe, Walla Walla

Toohard
07-20-2014, 05:54 PM
He's got 3 siblings Kev and one hopefully on the way soon. He was the mares first.

The second a filly by Life Sign. Born just after sunset. First thing did was touch electric fence. For sure fried part of her brain! She nearly made races. Scratched from first race and that was it. Didn't want her bringing shame on the family! Stuck with the Mona Lisa naming with her. They say painting has 'Life' like smile. So called her Gheradini (supposedly the lady the painting is of). Waste of a good name! Should have stuck with original choice - Mrs Nuckenfutz.

Then 2yo filly by Bettors. Had couple setbacks but goes along ok. No hurry. Figure Mona Lisa names not work for fillies. So take different tack. She got freezbrand with VVV. Cracked up when saw it. Met 'triplev' from forum on trip Sydney. Converts to 777. 3 x 7s on an old one arm bandit meant you hit the jackpot. Goes by the term trip sevens. So name was easy. TRIP SEVENS (a bettors delight!).

And a yearling by Rocknroll Heaven. He's a nice looking beast. Big as his mum. With the big arse like his brother. And a 'Western Hanover' white sock that he is a perfect aim with. Not named yet. I spent my 'wasted youth' listening to "Bat Out Of Hell". That was RocknRoll Heaven to me. His mums (The Perfect Mona) name also sounds like 'The Perfect Moaner'. After performance at AFL Grand Final few years back thought had his name. But trainer said no way he training a horse called MEATLOAF!!

Would love another Palais Du Louvre. Had all the ups and downs and thrills and disappointments and injuries and comebacks with him. Nearly 8 years since he born here and been a wonderful adventure for me and Luke and all connected. Dunno where came from. U313, Safe and Sound? Who knows? Me thinks mostly from him wanting to do it and the hard work and commitment of our trainer.

Messenger
07-20-2014, 07:38 PM
Paul you have a real talent for naming horses but I am glad the second foal did not make it to the races with her original choice of name :eek:

ps Palais is a wonderful advertisement for Leigh Miles ability

teecee
07-20-2014, 08:55 PM
This is a new thread generated for researching the posts not deserving of a thread.
There are a collection of these non deserving posts which in themselves have made up a thread/threads.
I will be combining posts on this thread to see how many threadless posts have been made which do end up making worthwhile threads and whether they should be made into thread earlier for ease of reading.
Naturally there are one off posts which do clearly fit into the character and spirit of the one or two off posts not deserving a thread and this should not be considered an end to this worthwhile, I think addition to the board...The posts not worthy of a thread.
TeeCee

Messenger
07-20-2014, 09:04 PM
It surely does happen TC but can you give them a name that says where they came from and also what they are about. Eg for this one I would call it
Worth a Thread - Palais du Louvre

Messenger
07-27-2014, 03:45 PM
Another good run by Palais du Louvre tonight, he might have finished 5th but he did not lose an inch of ground to Keayang Cullen in the last 800 coming home in 55.3

Messenger
08-03-2014, 12:32 AM
Another excellent 2nd tonight, unfortunately nothing wanted to get close to La Machane in the lead which made her impossible to catch

Toohard
08-03-2014, 03:48 AM
Another excellent 2nd tonight, unfortunately nothing wanted to get close to La Machane in the lead which made her impossible to catch

Yep he went just great again Kev.

We just pulled into to Stawell for a snooze. Up early and further west tomorrow. Hopefully in time for the first at Globe Derby. Go Trigger!

Smoken
08-03-2014, 01:06 PM
Great run and what dedication you guys have for Trigger! Go Go Go Trigger :)

Njcstables
08-15-2014, 09:53 PM
Well done tonight Paul. Well deserved win.

Richard prior
08-15-2014, 10:14 PM
Congrats PH, Long overdue and well deserved.

p plater
08-15-2014, 10:25 PM
Good one Paul, Congrats

Mighty Atom
08-15-2014, 10:37 PM
Congratulations Paul, great run Palais.

Smoken
08-15-2014, 11:53 PM
Congratulations Paul, very well deserved!

Toohard
08-16-2014, 01:59 AM
Thanks everyone. He went super. Leighs done a magnificent job with him. Just got home. Beer opened, feet up and time to watch the replay. Cheers!

Messenger
08-16-2014, 02:54 AM
Hope it is the start of a picket fence Paul

Race For Fun
08-16-2014, 10:09 AM
Just watched the replay a very good run and drive. Well done to all.

Toohard
08-17-2014, 10:24 PM
Hows your hangover today?????!!!!!!!! Congrats!

Thanks Ash!

Hangover???

"Stewards opened an inquiry into an injury sustained by Palais Du Louvres owner during the 66th replay of the tab.com.au pace at 2am Saturday morning. The owner could only provide a hazy recollection of events. He stated that when going for a run between the couch and the recliner on the way to the fridge for another beer he commenced to hang in and contacted the coffee table causing him to become unbalanced and gallop for a few strides.

A subsequent examination revealed bruising to the nearside front. The owner has been stood down from future engagements until a certificate of soundness is produced."

Messenger
08-17-2014, 10:48 PM
Thanks Ash!

Hangover???

"Stewards opened an inquiry into an injury sustained by Palais Du Louvres owner during the 66th replay of the tab.com.au pace at 2am Saturday morning. The owner could only provide a hazy recollection of events. He stated that when going for a run between the couch and the recliner on the way to the fridge for another beer he commenced to hang in and contacted the coffee table causing him to become unbalanced and gallop for a few strides.

A subsequent examination revealed bruising to the nearside front. The owner has been stood down from future engagements until a certificate of soundness is produced."

In the running for POTY Post of the Yr

Richard prior
08-17-2014, 10:55 PM
thanks ash!

Hangover???

"stewards opened an inquiry into an injury sustained by palais du louvres owner during the 66th replay of the tab.com.au pace at 2am saturday morning. The owner could only provide a hazy recollection of events. He stated that when going for a run between the couch and the recliner on the way to the fridge for another beer he commenced to hang in and contacted the coffee table causing him to become unbalanced and gallop for a few strides.

a subsequent examination revealed bruising to the nearside front. The owner has been stood down from future engagements until a certificate of soundness is produced."

lmfao!!!

Danno
08-17-2014, 11:48 PM
Thanks Ash!

Hangover???

Definitely the post of the decade!!!!, thanks Paul, laughing my guts out!!!

Smoken
08-18-2014, 12:01 AM
Hahahaha :)

Lucky Camilla"s Lovechild
08-18-2014, 11:27 PM
Gold!!!!

2minuteman
08-19-2014, 07:53 PM
Definitely the post of the decade!!!!, thanks Paul, laughing my guts out!!!
10/10 Paul,how did Luke handle the replay button?

Toohard
08-19-2014, 09:11 PM
10/10 Paul,how did Luke handle the replay button?

We lost the remote control Ron. Tipping his Mum hid it. But we found the repeat button on the player thingo so no need for a remote!

There's lots of negatives posted on here about the game all the time. Not knocking anyone but trust me... I don't care if it's an R0 at Broken Hill... there is nothing like it! The best feeling ever!

Danno
08-19-2014, 10:51 PM
We lost the remote control Ron. Tipping his Mum hid it. But we found the repeat button on the player thingo so no need for a remote!

There's lots of negatives posted on here about the game all the time. Not knocking anyone but trust me... I don't care if it's an R0 at Broken Hill... there is nothing like it! The best feeling ever!

That'll do me, good onya mate

Mitch
08-19-2014, 11:58 PM
Well done Paul on the win. And, great banter with some of your posts in this thread.

Messenger
08-24-2014, 09:05 PM
Superstar

dmac43
08-24-2014, 09:10 PM
Well done Paul! What a ripping run. Leigh has done a superb job.

Richard prior
08-24-2014, 09:17 PM
Fantastic Win, Paul & Luke would have been cheering long before the winning post. Congrats Guys.

broncobrad
08-24-2014, 09:25 PM
Some great performances today but YUN stole the show...ripper performance. Was waiting for him to start putting in some short steps, but not tonight. Gapped them. Congrats Paul, Luke and family. And Ellen Tormey, great drive and understanding of the horse.

p plater
08-24-2014, 10:01 PM
No wonder Lance is retiring Trigger, congrats Paul

FINEST
08-24-2014, 10:01 PM
What a lovely horse,one every owner would love.
Would i be right saying the best horse out of Safe and Sound ?

Richard prior
08-24-2014, 10:36 PM
Hi Amanda, Correct, Fastest and Richest performer by Safe and Sound.

Smoken
08-24-2014, 10:48 PM
Well done Paul, fantastic run tonight! Love to have a horse like him!

Big Max
08-24-2014, 11:19 PM
Bloody Marvellous Paul,another great win,Leigh Miles take a huge bow!

Messenger
08-24-2014, 11:26 PM
TC will have to combine the 2 Palais threads we have running (the other includes this gem)

It will be interesting to see if the owner has to front the stewards again :D

eliteblood
08-25-2014, 12:47 AM
Congratulations Paul. Good to see you enjoying the thrills that this sport can provide.

Toohard
08-25-2014, 02:26 AM
Thanks everyone. That was just magic! A huge, huge thrill. Cannot be any prouder of Yun and Leigh. And what a super, super drive.

Leigh has done an unbelievable job with him. Had lots of problems but Leighs dedication and hard work kept him going. You won't find anyone better.

The coffee table had been moved by time I got into the house tonight. The replay count is leading the beer count at the moment... but not for long!! Hope am not swabbed in morning!

teecee
08-25-2014, 01:52 PM
I take it that the owner produced a certificate of soundness prior to yesterday's performance.
Is there any word on whether he is now to return to the trials (or the kitchen) due any further unruly (or unbalanced efforts) following yesterday's efforts by his wonderful horse?

If so he needs to be careful the horse does not disown him. After all that's what owners often do to their unruly horses.!!

Congrats Paul and Co.

Njcstables
08-25-2014, 03:38 PM
Well done again Paul. And to Leigh who is indeed a very good trainer who doesn't get the recognition he deserves. Hope you both have a massive hangover.

Toohard
08-25-2014, 07:30 PM
Thanks teecee!!

10ml of bute and a day off Friday definitely helped. I was still a bit scratchy Saturday but passed fit to run after being trotted up the driveway Sunday morning. Addition of a lugging pole and a set of spreaders definitely helped with the hanging problem last night (I'm told).

Thanks Nathan and yes massive hangover for me. Not Leigh though. He had horses to work this morning.

I took the easy way out and rang in crook.
Was asked "Sickness, injury, etc?"
Said is there a box to tick that says 'All of the above'?
"No but there is one that says 'Other'".
Yep other is good, tick other.
"Now I need to put a reason next to it".
OK put 'Still too pissed to drive....'

aussiebreno
08-25-2014, 07:49 PM
Thanks teecee!!

10ml of bute and a day off Friday definitely helped. I was still a bit scratchy Saturday but passed fit to run after being trotted up the driveway Sunday morning. Addition of a lugging pole and a set of spreaders definitely helped with the hanging problem last night (I'm told).

Thanks Nathan and yes massive hangover for me. Not Leigh though. He had horses to work this morning.

I took the easy way out and rang in crook.
Was asked "Sickness, injury, etc?"
Said is there a box to tick that says 'All of the above'?
"No but there is one that says 'Other'".
Yep other is good, tick other.
"Now I need to put a reason next to it".
OK put 'Still too pissed to drive....'
Breeders Crown traditionally the end of season grand final. Does Mad Monday count as an excuse?

Congratulations! Go Yun!!!

jackthepunter
08-25-2014, 08:05 PM
Well done paul,do yourself and the horse a favour and leave ellen on. Far better and smarter driver.

Toohard
08-25-2014, 11:06 PM
Well done paul,do yourself and the horse a favour and leave ellen on. Far better and smarter driver.

Thanks Jack.

Yes Ellen drove a great race. Terrific horsewoman and lovely lady to boot. Assume you are referring to Scott Dyer in your post. He has been with us from day one. Is a good friend now and has always looked after us and our horse. Knows our horses ability and where he is at in his prep. Stuck with us in 2yo Sires final when could have driven the winner. Drove in races at Cobram one day. Then drove all the way to Melton same day to drive 1 horse...our horse in a TRIAL. First one to say when he thinks he made a mistake. Terrific bloke and will always be our first choice of driver. Ellen is off to the US next week. Scott was down to drive our horse but he wanted Ellen to drive him so she might win one on him (3 x 2nd) before she left. One of the first to congratulate us after the race. Lucky to have 2 such great talents to drive our horse.

Danno
08-25-2014, 11:21 PM
Thanks Jack.

Yes Ellen drove a great race. Terrific horsewoman and lovely lady to boot. Assume you are referring to Scott Dyer in your post. He has been with us from day one. Is a good friend now and has always looked after us and our horse. Knows our horses ability and where he is at in his prep. Stuck with us in 2yo Sires final when could have driven the winner. Drove in races at Cobram one day. Then drove all the way to Melton same day to drive 1 horse...our horse in a TRIAL. First one to say when he thinks he made a mistake. Terrific bloke and will always be our first choice of driver. Ellen is off to the US next week. Scott was down to drive our horse but he wanted Ellen to drive him so she might win one on him (3 x 2nd) before she left. One of the first to congratulate us after the race. Lucky to have 2 such great talents to drive our horse.

Good on you Paul, nice to see people who can look a bit further than todays result when they are throwing allegiances around, so many today have the attitude that " we pay the driver, and that's that"....we see far too much of that attitude in my humble opinion, nice to see recognition for the loyalty.
cheers,
Dan

Messenger
02-24-2015, 06:55 PM
I have heard from Paul that he has retired his wonderful horse Yun
As usual this horse-lover is erring on the side of caution for a horse that is part of the family
I will let Paul fill you in on the details

His last few runs have been excellent and on heart alone he would win another race for sure
He is one of the best named horses you will ever come across being by Safe And Sound out of The Perfect Mona

Amanda and Rich succinctly sum up his career in posts 39-40 in this thread
and Brad tells how we feel about him way back in post 6

While the owners trilogy of posts 24 + 45 + 48 will never be surpassed on Harnesslink

Enjoy retirement Yun

And now his little sister takes over!

aussiebreno
02-24-2015, 07:03 PM
+1.

Going to miss that pinging gate speed.

Raced in some good races and beat a few big names along the way and was always in the contest.

One door shuts but another opens.

Richard prior
02-24-2015, 07:56 PM
+2, Yun has given Paul, Luke and the family an incredible amount of joy and also his followers on the Forum, Yes as Breno said, One door closes and another opens, Time for his little Bettor's Delight sister to strut her stuff now, Fair well old mate and enjoy your retirement.

Danno
02-24-2015, 10:57 PM
lovely horse Yun!!

horses of his calibre do not come along every day, to the unititiated they seem to, but believe me when you look at the odds of getting one that gets down to the grade he has and competes with the level of horse he has...... he is one very talented horse and I hope Paul and Luke find another of similar ability but saying that I'm sure in their eyes there will only ever be one Palais de Louve...lovely horse, great trip, great story!

broncobrad
02-24-2015, 11:23 PM
Hear Hear!!!! Kev, Brendan, Richard and Dan. Hats off to a brave little horse that tried every single time he was out there and is one of those few lucky horses that will get to enjoy a long and contented retirement. Yun, of course, is much, much more than just a horse. He has achieved more off the track than on it, but that is for Paul and Luke and those close enough to the story to appreciate...and the story will continue. Gunna miss looking for your name in the fields in the future. Cheers.

Toohard
02-26-2015, 09:08 AM
Thanks chaps! Wonderful horse and a wonderful adventure he took us on. Ups and downs but has given us nothing but pleasure since the day he was born. Go Yun !!

Smoken
02-26-2015, 11:32 AM
Enjoy your retirement Yun.

Toohard
02-27-2015, 06:19 PM
The great man had his first beer today Kevin. Tipping won't be his last!!

brent_L
02-27-2015, 06:58 PM
Surely he deserves a Tooheys Paul!!

Messenger
02-27-2015, 07:43 PM
You've both got it wrong - Yun would like to remind you that he won
The Crown Graduate Cup

Messenger
02-27-2015, 07:58 PM
Almost forgot - GO LITTLE SISTER tonight