PDA

View Full Version : Rare Protest Upheld

Messenger
06-16-2014, 02:49 AM
At Ballarat last night Bettor Downunder was $1.10 fav who worked to the lead but broke under pressure at the 500m and nearly came down (brought the horse on its back down) it then got going again and ran home unbelievably well considering and finished 4th but a way off the placings. What do the Stewards mean by Run Queried - did they expect him to get up and win?

http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-results.cfm?mc=BA140614&ms=vic#BAC14061404

Richard prior
06-16-2014, 07:52 AM
Strange run from a very good filly Kev, Really looked like she wanted to pull up at the 400. I guess the enquiry is based around the horse behind her coming down. I found it very strange that she wasn't racing against her own sex or in a 3yr old race. All over, Its a real mystery. Amazing run considering she had just about totally stopped at the 400.

Messenger
06-16-2014, 11:33 AM
It was a big night for the stewards Rich as David Murphy lost the last when a 3rd v 1st protest was upheld - that does not happen too often

Njcstables
06-16-2014, 04:00 PM
It was a big night for the stewards Rich as David Murphy lost the last when a 3rd v 1st protest was upheld - that does not happen too often

Interesting Kev given that a similar protest at geelong on wed was dismissed. I'm not sure the horse that protested was ever going to beat first across the line. Interesting too that in both cases there was no head on vision. That's the benefits of hrv's mediatec deal for you!

Messenger
06-16-2014, 04:26 PM
I did not realize you had protested last Wed Nathan - head on vision would have been very interesting for both races and it is ridiculous that there is none.

Richard prior
06-16-2014, 04:27 PM
Totally stumped by that decision guys, They upheld that one and dismissed the protest in race 3 at Charlton last week.