PDA

View Full Version : was i dreaming it or what

allanjg
10-04-2014, 01:51 PM
i am certain that i read it some where just recently that hrnsw was introducing the practice of assigning an official of their stewards to accompany any given horse by any given trainer to a race meeting on that day from early morning until the completion of the race that the horse was running in.....by the horses side at all times......i thought that i read it in the HARNESS RACING WEEKLY but i have not been able to find it again.....i am sure that i was not dreaming,then again,maybe i was.....did anyone else see the same article?

Mighty Atom
10-04-2014, 03:57 PM
i am certain that i read it some where just recently that hrnsw was introducing the practice of assigning an official of their stewards to accompany any given horse by any given trainer to a race meeting on that day from early morning until the completion of the race that the horse was running in.....by the horses side at all times......i thought that i read it in the HARNESS RACING WEEKLY but i have not been able to find it again.....i am sure that i was not dreaming,then again,maybe i was.....did anyone else see the same article?

Hi Allan,
If this is the case it's just another example of control being taken away from the trainer and his/her horses. Instead of handing out the correct penalty when a racing infringement occurs the harness racing bodies will continue to look for avenues where they can superimpose themselves on the trainers before the perceived malpractice eventuates.

Messenger
10-04-2014, 05:08 PM
Hi Allan,
If this is the case it's just another example of control being taken away from the trainer and his/her horses. Instead of handing out the correct penalty when a racing infringement occurs the harness racing bodies will continue to look for avenues where they can superimpose themselves on the trainers before the perceived malpractice eventuates.
Or Rod maybe it could be semi admission that we cannot keep up with the chemists so we are thinking outside the box

thepacingman
10-04-2014, 05:32 PM
Been doing that for a while now. One example below. But there have been quite a few others. It's always noted in the stewards report when it happens.

From the stewards report Albury 02/08/14:

http://www.harness.org.au/stewards-reports-detail.cfm?mc=AL020814
"Race day integrity operations commenced at Trainer K Hillier’s stables this morning at 8.30am for horses that were engaged at tonight’s meeting."

djgood
10-04-2014, 06:03 PM
Race day checks are 90's practices,stuff being used know is given a week or more before races

Messenger
10-04-2014, 09:18 PM
Race day checks are 90's practices,stuff being used know is given a week or more before races
You had better get on some of the other threads and explain Race 5 at Newcastle last night David because there seem to be a lot of people thinking differently

allanjg
10-04-2014, 10:34 PM
great work kevin...hmmm i wonder if the stuff that i know about could be involved here...and hrnsw know about also...interesting.

p.s.this post wont go far...

Race For Fun
10-05-2014, 09:46 AM
http://www.harness.org.au/news-article.cfm?news_id=24466

http://www.harnessmediacentre.com.au/uploads/files/integrity%20notices/elevated%20tco2%20levels%20notice%20-%20horses%20required%20to%20present%20early.pdf

Just found this

http://www.harness.org.au/news-article.cfm?news_id=23945

allanjg
10-05-2014, 02:00 PM
thanks for finding that article toni,i knew i was`t dreaming....

Richard prior
10-05-2014, 02:55 PM
Hmmm, This might have put the cat amongst the pidgeons.

djgood
10-05-2014, 07:07 PM
Cant say anything about race 5 at newcastle , all i was mentioning drugs today are not a race day issue they can be given up to 2 weeks out in some cases ,

Messenger
10-05-2014, 07:14 PM
Cant say anything about race 5 at newcastle , all i was mentioning drugs today are not a race day issue they can be given up to 2 weeks out in some cases ,
Undoubtedly that would mostly be the case David but can you be totally sure there is nothing out there as fast acting as a headache tablet?

djgood
10-05-2014, 10:34 PM
Oh yes there are still some using race day stuff id say you still get people caught with co2 findings but the reason for retention barns was the development of better drugs that could be given a few days out but things like epo and the like is they are a long term use they wont affect a horse the next day but 3-4 days you will see a difference