PDA

View Full Version : Be Good Johnny Sprint

Race For Fun
10-14-2014, 09:44 AM
How much more improvement is there in the winner Majestic Major? I think there is quite a bit. He is a big strong going horse who has probably been in the shadow of Majestic Mark for a while. I think he might be looking a bit stronger at open level at the moment. Having said that they are both very nice horses for Grant Dixon to have in his stable.

I liked For A Reasons run first up since April. In the death, with a fast last half. He can only improve if he stays sound.

Smoken
10-14-2014, 05:42 PM
I also like the big MMajor! Hope to see him keep progressing. Not bad run by FAR, but tell
Me I'm wrong tgt he was te favourite in that race?

thepacingman
10-15-2014, 11:18 AM
How much more improvement is there in the winner Majestic Major?

Well, you won't have long to wait to find out. Barrier 13 this week will show what he is made of in a much stronger field.

Keeping in mind he had everything go his way last week even before the race started. If Lebron had started, he would never have led. Then ran the first half in a minute so was entitled to come home fast which made it difficult for other horses to make ground.

Race For Fun
10-15-2014, 04:35 PM
Well, you won't have long to wait to find out. Barrier 13 this week will show what he is made of in a much stronger field.

Keeping in mind he had everything go his way last week even before the race started. If Lebron had started, he would never have led. Then ran the first half in a minute so was entitled to come home fast which made it difficult for other horses to make ground.

Yep he has a hard task ahead on Saturday night for sure but I was looking further ahead, more like next seasons grand circuit races. He is only 5 years old, 38 starts. Avonnova 8 years old, 112 starts and For A Reason 8 years old, 41 starts (not many more than Majestic Major) have a lot more ring craft than Majestic Major has at the moment. Majestic Major is still to have his first group one race start.

I would have liked to have seen FAR traveling a bit closer to Majestic Major in the slower first half instead of trying to make ground when Majestic Major was running such a fast last half.

Zanzi_Bromac
10-15-2014, 09:02 PM
Abettorpunt was great first up, equalled Smoken ups mile rate record over 1609 at Ballarat with a 1:53.1. Apparently heading to NZ for the cup.

If he can land with cover early his sprint will have him winning this.

brent_L
10-15-2014, 10:03 PM
Abettorpunt was great first up, equalled Smoken ups mile rate record over 1609 at Ballarat with a 1:53.1. Apparently heading to NZ for the cup.

If he can land with cover early his sprint will have him winning this.
That's a huge call Adam.....he is going great but he is also 80/1 in that race for a reason.

Messenger
10-16-2014, 12:25 AM
You mean 80/1 for NZ cup Brent?

brent_L
10-16-2014, 01:38 AM
Yep, thought that was how it read. It doesn't?? If not, my apologies.

brent_L
10-16-2014, 02:37 AM
How much more improvement is there in the winner Majestic Major?

Spot on Toni. I've really liked him for some time now. He went like a jet in good company in the 4&5yo races earlier in the year. He has decent gate speed, can breeze & also looks capable of taking advantage of a trail.
I reckon Grant has another potential star Qld 5yo in Our Pacquiao. He doesn't have the skill set (yet) of MM but by gee is he strong. If the emergency comes out of this Sat nights race I reckon he's a great chance to fill 3rd or 4th at 50/1.

aussiebreno
10-16-2014, 04:34 PM
That's a huge call Adam.....he is going great but he is also 80/1 in that race for a reason.
A much more realistic 25/1 with TAB.

Messenger
10-16-2014, 06:23 PM
Yep, thought that was how it read. It doesn't?? If not, my apologies.
I thought Adam had Major winning Johnny's Sprint - not the NZ Cup

Edit - oops I did know we were talking about Abettorpunt

Zanzi_Bromac
10-16-2014, 07:41 PM

Best I clarify my post for you Brent?

I originally acknowledged that Abettorpunt was heading to the NZ cup, nowhere did I mention he would win the race.

As I mentioned, if he lands cover early in this (Be Good Johnny Sprint) his sprint should give him a good chance to win.

p.s where is the 80-1 for punter in the NZ cup?

brent_L
10-16-2014, 10:25 PM
p.s where is the 80-1 for punter in the NZ cup?
NZ

Zanzi_Bromac
10-17-2014, 09:58 PM
NZ

You have shown ability to misread Brent!

brent_L
10-17-2014, 10:50 PM
WTF are u on about??

brent_L
10-17-2014, 10:51 PM
U asked where the odds were........I answered. Capish.

Richard prior
10-17-2014, 11:09 PM
You have shown ability to misread Brent!

Zanzi, Remember the English cricketer Gladstone Small ?? Try impersonating him a little, Brent did apologise earlier.