PDA

View Full Version : Gold Coast Cup 2014

Maorisidol
10-15-2014, 06:46 PM
Great to see based on the barrier draw, we should have a very competitive race here.
Avonnova Barrier 2
For A Reason 3
Abettorpunt 4
Majestic Major with work to do barrier 13!

brent_L
10-15-2014, 10:39 PM
Does look good Ash. There's two ways I see the race panning out.
A. (on form, this should really eventuate) Avonnova straight to the front, Abettorpunt in the chair with FAR stalking 1x1. A slight chance that last weeks winner makes an early move but I just can't see it. Leader wins for me in this scenario but $2.20 currently is just that margin too short.
B. Team driving by the Macs keeping the lead, leaving Avonnova in the chair, Abettorpunt out in the cold and FAR with the gun trail & probable victory.

HaroldParker
10-16-2014, 10:44 PM
The pole horse was very ordinary last start. The draw gives it an outside place if the speed is moderate otherwise it'll be outclassed.

$2.20 is short but he looks the winner.

HISGEN65
10-17-2014, 03:55 PM
Avonnova will win for a good guy of the sport..

Maorisidol
10-19-2014, 02:02 AM
Avonnova will win for a good guy of the sport..

Great win
Track record. Too fast too good. As Kevin Seymour said in the presentation, what could he do at Menangle???
Good effort Abettorpunt in fast time
Better effort from For a Reason who came from a few lengths behind ABP about 4 wide. Luke said before the race he would need tonites run and b better next week!
Now what's happening with the grandstand situation at Albion Park?
The winning post has gotta b 50m to the right!
Felt like I was back at Moonee Valley!

Zanzi_Bromac
10-19-2014, 02:49 AM
Great win
Track record. Too fast too good. As Kevin Seymour said in the presentation, what could he do at Menangle???
Better effort from For a Reason who came from a few lengths behind ABP about 4 wide. Luke said before the race he would need tonites run and b better next week!

Super win by Avonnova! The 54.4 last half was huge and gave nothing a chance to catch him. Good runs from both punter and For a reason.

The Escape Club
10-19-2014, 04:44 AM
Great win

I know he hasn't raced there for a year but Kevin Seymour must have a short memory. Avonnova has run at Menangle 46 times in his career. By my reckoning, that's over 40% of his lifetime starts.

My horse ran the race after Avonnova was claimed at Goulburn and sent up to QLD.

Messenger
10-19-2014, 09:30 PM
I know he hasn't raced there for a year but Kevin Seymour must have a short memory. Avonnova has run at Menangle 46 times in his career. By my reckoning, that's over 40% of his lifetime starts.

My horse ran the race after Avonnova was claimed at Goulburn and sent up to QLD.
Yep a year ago he could not break 1.53 at Menangle but has gone 1.52.5 at Albion and on last night's run could lower that a little but he is never going to find the 2.2 secs he needs to break Quinny's record

brent_L
10-19-2014, 09:39 PM
He was only beaten 8.4m after death-seating in that Quinny time Kev so that would be his fastest time albeit not a winning time.

Messenger
10-19-2014, 10:09 PM
He was only beaten 8.4m after death-seating in that Quinny time Kev so that would be his fastest time albeit not a winning time.
Oops missed that one LOL
In that case he can definitely give Quinny's record a nudge

Maorisidol
10-19-2014, 10:25 PM
https://vimeo.com/m/109358345
Hear the drivers and horses cross the finish line...

Richard prior
10-20-2014, 06:20 AM
Yes pretty tough to come from back in the field when Avonnova has run the last 1/2 in 54.4, He just run them off their legs. Punter and For a Reason's runs where full off merit.

HISGEN65
10-20-2014, 12:44 PM
I dont think Ian gets the credit he deserves.He has re-molded this horse into an absolute monster

The Form Student
10-23-2014, 01:37 PM
How come QHR keeps persisting with running the camera back through the field during the last lap, when the action is happening up the front! It is frustrating getting a fix on the race and they do that! Give us a scan back in the first lap if you have to...........someone tell them it is ridiculous!

Messenger
10-23-2014, 02:09 PM
I will take particular note this week Steve but I would have said I thought their camera work was the best last weekend as I do not think elsewhere we get enough close ups - panning shots
I know all this would be best done if we had coverage in the mounting yard like the gallops get but without close ups the horses from a distance look the same in every race and may as well be toy models when it comes to distinguishing between them
Of course you cannot beat the NZ split-screen

The Form Student
10-23-2014, 03:53 PM
Kevvy, you have the answer!!.....put up the split screen and people can watch what they want!