PDA

View Full Version : Sorry Horsham

Messenger
10-27-2014, 08:45 PM
and all tracks inside a gallops circuit but your tracks offer zero atmosphere. I know it hardly matters nowadays when there are only 50 spectators on track but one would be better going downstairs to watch it on a good size TV in the TAB than staying in the grandstand. Only marginally better mind you as there is no camera zoom down the back straight when they are furthest away - seems a no brainer to zoom in down the back

For any big crowd days in Spring/Summer I really think such tracks need to explore picnics on the gallops tracks

The parade ring is the biggest plus to attending and remembering a little pair of binocs were in the car for the 7th (I am a bit slow) will just be enough persuasion to keep me coming

The Form Student
10-28-2014, 11:24 AM
Hey Kev, you backing up today at Horsham Greyhounds?....the 1st is a bit after 3pm, 12 races, you'll be home a bit after 8pm.

Messenger
10-28-2014, 12:51 PM
I could defect to the gallopers (esp when I get TVN next week) but never the dish-lickers

The Form Student
10-28-2014, 01:07 PM
Hey Kev, at least Horsham doesn't have a sprint lane!........did it affect the racing yesterday?

Messenger
10-28-2014, 01:42 PM
In the 6th the 3rd horse may have got very close if there was a sprint lane

I found the 7th interesting in that I half wondered if one of the old time pro drivers may have been able to win on the short fav, Shayne Cramp's Hand of the King. It was not clear cut but I wonder if the fav had been restrained in the home str he may have been able to keep the winner locked up - with a sprint lane the winner would have won regardless

In the 8th the winner came from a long way back but got up the inside of the leader - I am a deaf bugger but watch the replay right to the end (they replay the home str). What did they say about a Sprint Lane?

http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-results.cfm?mc=HS271014&ms=vic#HSC27101403

The Form Student
10-28-2014, 01:48 PM
In the 8th the winner came from a long way back but got up the inside of the leader - I am a deaf bugger but watch the replay right to the end (they replay the home str). What did they say about a Sprint Lane?

"Lauchie" says, "Daryl Douglas has found his own sprint lane!"

Messenger
10-28-2014, 02:31 PM

"Lauchie" says, "Daryl Douglas has found his own sprint lane!"

Thanks Steve