PDA

View Full Version : Its a BIG day at Menangle on Sunday

Messenger
04-25-2015, 03:34 AM
Anybody surprised at Christmas Jolt opting for the Consolation instead of the Final of the APG?
I suppose he would have to run 3rd in the Final to equal a win in the Consolation

Richard prior
04-25-2015, 09:13 AM
Am I missing something??? With the scratching of Goodtime Sammy in the Final and Christmas Jolt being the 1st reserve, Shouldn't CJ be running in the main race instead of the Consolation????

mightymo
04-26-2015, 02:41 PM
as an emergency they have the choice as to which race he contests

Richard prior
04-26-2015, 02:54 PM
Okay, Thanks Harvey. Enjoy the day if your up in Sydney.

Messenger
04-26-2015, 04:44 PM
You would think that ideally Christmas Jolt would have had a spell sometime. Over 4mths is a long time for your first ever campaign.

Messenger
04-26-2015, 07:01 PM
Congratulations Greg Fusinato who bred Waikiki Beach

p plater
04-26-2015, 08:04 PM
Sky Channel's expert Gareth Hall was on fire before the Len Smith Mile, trying to work out how "Beau" could be beaten. "Just lead and win but Darren McCall always comes out hard with Bettor Bet Black" he says..Hello Gareth BBB was 2nd reserve with no start and is in the next.

Smoken
04-26-2015, 08:35 PM
Smolda... Yep, he is showing what he's made of! Beautide had every conceivable chance. LTS was a superb run! Can't wait to see Lenny & Smolda compete in the near future.

littlelenny
04-27-2015, 12:48 AM
I had high hopes Smolda would return to his best and that he did. He went sensational just like his renshaw cup win he was at the top of his game. Take nothing away from beautide it was still a super run but against the very top ones he will always be vulnerable over the mile, he is more dominant over the long distance.
The media was all about Beautide becoming the king of menangle but Natalie stole the show and deservingly left as the Queen of menangle.
Let's hope he stays sound and we can see him in the NZ Cup followed by the big grand circuit races.

Danno
04-27-2015, 12:28 PM
Great run from Smolda ( who is part owned by Maitland identity Marcus Kirkwood) and a perfect drive from Natalie but in my humble opinion( and I am an unabashed Beautide fan) Beautide is NOT a front runner, he would have won had he sat in the death IMO, the horse clearly needs something to run down and out if front he didn't switch on at all.

aussiebreno
04-27-2015, 12:40 PM
No qualms with Rattray because he would have had the first quarter in the back of his mind but I cant help but feel a 27 third quarter might have won him the race. Can't complain with being beat though, Smolda deserves the win.

Wagga paper reporting Frith going to Purdon.

Messenger
04-27-2015, 04:00 PM
No qualms with Rattray because he would have had the first quarter in the back of his mind but I cant help but feel a 27 third quarter might have won him the race. Can't complain with being beat though, Smolda deserves the win.

Wagga paper reporting Frith going to Purdon.

They also said that on the coverage yesterday Breno

teecee
04-27-2015, 05:59 PM
They also said that on the coverage yesterday Breno
It is so.

teecee
04-27-2015, 06:04 PM
Great run from Smolda ( who is part owned by Maitland identity Marcus Kirkwood) and a perfect drive from Natalie but in my humble opinion( and I am an unabashed Beautide fan) Beautide is NOT a front runner, he would have won had he sat in the death IMO, the horse clearly needs something to run down and out if front he didn't switch on at all.

Smolda races for a research charity involved in seeking cure for a particular illness which has befallen a member of the Kirkwood family. A percentage of his earnings goes to the organisation so yesterday's effort was a very worthy one.

Danno
04-27-2015, 10:52 PM
Smolda races for a research charity involved in seeking cure for a particular illness which has befallen a member of the Kirkwood family. A percentage of his earnings goes to the organisation so yesterday's effort was a very worthy one.

Thanks for reminding us Tony, I remember Marcus mentioning that during the presentation for the NSW Pacers Derby after Smolda's win a couple of years ago.