Thread: Ch2 ODDS AND ENDS - not big enough for a thread of their own

Hybrid View

Senior Member Horse Of The Year KTQ will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Katie Howlett
    Horses
    Jack Mac, Sugar Street
    Quote Originally Posted by Fan of Jate View Post
    an hourly rate jeez, is that with double strength toilet paper supplied? No wonder they cant get anyone.
    Is that a bad thing? That way they get paid for the work they do rather than making them work overtime on salary. Not to mention the rate is darn good in my eyes.. but I work in advertising where hours are long and salary is not reflective

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by KTQ View Post
    Is that a bad thing? That way they get paid for the work they do rather than making them work overtime on salary. Not to mention the rate is darn good in my eyes.. but I work in advertising where hours are long and salary is not reflective
    I think younger people have come to accept a lack of appreciation and remuneration for dedication nowadays Katie. I have 2 children around 30 who have Masters and serious jobs - one in HR with a BIG bank and one in public relations with a very prestigious club I won't name. They often go above and beyond especially in hours and it seems to me that they do not get fantastic remuneration. I believed in Unions and it seems to me that governments have pretty much beaten the union movement and you young people are suffering as a result - the business pages of late have regularly said that the lack of wages growth is hurting the economy. LOL seems fair that businesses are suffering too for not paying employees enough
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread