Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 107 of 112 FirstFirst ... 7 57 97 105 106 107 108 109 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1112

Thread: Ch2 ODDS AND ENDS - not big enough for a thread of their own

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    Just looking at the races for Saturday & an article says its racing for 38 million at both Randwick and Caulfield . Bloody hell �� .
    Would love to know Harness racings prizemoney budget for the year in Sydney.
    I do know that prizemoney and bonuses for Vic will be $47m for this coming year

https://www.thetrots.com.au/news/art...ey-reductions/
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    The trainer of one of tomorrow's Cox Plate runners

“He’d work, go to the pub and have a punt,” he says.

“That’s how I got it [the bug]. I used to go to the TAB with him on a Saturday or so, and occasionally, if I had to go get him out of a pub, there’d be an SP there with a place card, and he’d give me one, and I’d fill it out.

Also, on a Saturday night, you’d watch the trots at the Showgrounds on The Penthouse Club, and I’d make sure on a Thursday I’d buy the Truth and try and pick the last five winners. I never picked the last five winners ever.

“The broadcasters, the trainers, the jockeys, the horses, they were cult figures in those days. It was ingrained in me as a young kid living in Footscray at the time that it [the Cox Plate] is such a great race and such a great sport to be involved in.”

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/raci...25-p5eex2.html

Yes, once harness racing had a profile
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    PP is reporting that the Victorian Bookmakers Association which guarantees a bookie will pay you out (gallops only/mostly, I think) has been swindled and that the supposed fund which supposedly held as much as $100million has been discovered to be empty after the death of its sole operator. If true, many bookmakers have lost their retirement savings
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    PP is reporting that the Victorian Bookmakers Association which guarantees a bookie will pay you out (gallops only/mostly, I think) has been swindled and that the supposed fund which supposedly held as much as $100million has been discovered to be empty after the death of its sole operator. If true, many bookmakers have lost their retirement savings
    The Great Bookie Robbery II. No guns and gangs involved this time, just a lot of poor suckers.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    According to the VBA it would seem to be no 'Great' Robbery but a figure under $2m. Worst comes to worst, I am sure the bookies collective can cover it
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    According to the VBA it would seem to be no 'Great' Robbery but a figure under $2m. Worst comes to worst, I am sure the bookies collective can cover it
    I think, when things settle down, the VBA will look like a ship of fools. It is pretty easy for them to deny some of PP's claims only to admit they are unsure and are still awaiting explanations. Many, many more millions will have disappeared than what the VBA is admitting.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Yes, it is looking likely Trev - going on The Age article published this afternoon:

The bookmakers’ association fears its $1.8 million investment is gone days before the biggest events on the spring racing calendar, including the Melbourne Cup, while one private investor could also be out of pocket an estimated $11 million.

Bookmakers have also privately invested millions of dollars with the law firm, seeking high returns on first mortgagor loans. A bookmaking source said they believe they had lost their investments.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Tough Tilly, one of Victoria’s greatest ever racemares, has been retired and will be mated with the 2020 USA Horse of the Year Tall Dark Stranger. Bred and owned by Benstud Standardbreds, the Captaintreacherous mare won 17 races including six at Group level and a whopping $618,333 in stakes.

https://www.thetrots.com.au/news/the...48RPHkxK0WqDcM
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year trish will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    Just looking at results for Penrith last night....FALCON SEELSTER ?? Really ??
    Falcon Seelster was 29 when he was put down in 2011.
    The Falcon Strike aged 15 , died 12 years ago & he was by Falcon Seelster .

2 6:44pm SKY RACING ACTIVE PACE 2125M
    $9,792 NR up to 53. PBD/L5$. PACERS. Mobile Final Result
    1 SELSEY BILL NZ $ 5,184 Fr1 1 Laurence Dawson Jack Brown (C,cl) $ 5.00 GS L BL 1 SWAB
    BAY GELDING 4 by FALCON SEELSTER USA out of DIANA BROMAC (NZ) (HOLMES HANOVER USA)

Senior Member Horse Of The Year trish will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    We put a mare in foal to him 17 years ago!!!!

Good story & the video is priceless. He was a super horse.

https://standardbredcanada.ca/news/9...uthanized.html

+ Reply to Thread