Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 81 of 111 FirstFirst ... 31 71 79 80 81 82 83 91 ... LastLast

Thread: Ch2 ODDS AND ENDS - not big enough for a thread of their own

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Does anybody know why Penrith has been abandoned tonight - they had no rain yesterday and have only had 6mm today (It is not Covid related is it?)
    I am guessing that Tamworth was abandoned due to rain, as they have had a fair bit over the last 48hrs
    There is nothing on HRA or HRNSW (in fact HRNSW does not even show that Tamworth was abandoned)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I have heard that Penrith was cancelled because the mobile barrier was thought to be unsafe
    The meeting was cancelled long before the R1 6.22 start time and at 6.30 the Penrith Weather Station had still only had 8.6mm of rain
    It seems odd
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    There was a very nasty fall when Crocrock seemed to choke down in R7 at Kilmore tonight - I hope Michelle Phillips is OK, probably understandable that it has been edited out of the replay
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Colt Beltane will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Steve Jones
    There were bad snow and alpine conditions all day on the upper Blue Mountains plus road closures in the Central West due to snow, which would have prohibited trainers, drivers and their horses from getting over the Blue Mountains down to Penrith.

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    We just had a bit of rain. The local creek resembled Bass Straight on a bad day, running 2.0 metres ABOVE major flood level!

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    News.
    News can be a bit slow coming in the harness world
    Hoping to see that Michelle Phillips is OK after last night's fall, I cannot find anything
    Some clubs like Bendigo have wonderfully busy facebook pages while others such as Kilmore (which raced last night!) have facebook pages that have not had an entry for 2 weeks
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Colt Yabbie will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Carol Bass
    Occupation
    Paralegal
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    News.
    News can be a bit slow coming in the harness world
    Hoping to see that Michelle Phillips is OK after last night's fall, I cannot find anything
    Some clubs like Bendigo have wonderfully busy facebook pages while others such as Kilmore (which raced last night!) have facebook pages that have not had an entry for 2 weeks
    I don't think Kilmore even has a facebook page!
    Paul Courts posted a short article in Trot Guide - https://nationaltrotguide.com.au/phi...-to-race-fall/
    Michelle has concussion and a sore back but it is muscular and no severe damage.
    Very lucky I would say

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I did find this one Carol but nothing on it since May 26

https://www.facebook.com/kilmoreracing/

Thanks for the update Carol
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Harness racing driver Michelle Phillips is a little battered and bruised but bouncing back after a Thursday fall, and hopes to be back in the sulky next Tuesday

The fall occurred at the 600-metre mark when Phillips said she “was knocked out cold and I don’t remember anything after flying through the air, but I’m OK”.

https://harnesslink.com/australia/mi...er-nasty-fall/

If Michelle is back at the qualifiers on Tuesday then the industry needs a concussion policy!
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I wonder what happened to the call of R5 at Warragul today.
    I watched it and knew there was no audio on Trots Vision and I see that there is none on the Replay
    I would have liked to hear it as it was a fascinating catch me if you can drive my Monique Burnett

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...21#WRC14062104
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread