Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 71 of 111 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 81 ... LastLast

Thread: Ch2 ODDS AND ENDS - not big enough for a thread of their own

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Emergencies - how are they determined? Sometimes it is clear from the race conditions or NR but other times not so

Take Melton on Saturday, we have quite a few races with emergencies where I cannot see how the emergency was determined
    eg R1, R3, R6, R8, R9

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...20#MXM17102003
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    It has been explained to me that there is no hard & fast rule. Sometimes there is a ballot. Sometimes depends if you are currently nominated for another race in coming week. And i know recently it's been determined based on how many starts you've had recently.
    They are trying their best to make sure everyone gets a go.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Although they managed to re-run Charlton R6 in the R7 timeslot after Austin Misfud was tipped out at the first attempt, I am guessing the rest of the meet may have been abandoned due to the lack of an ambulance
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Member Gelding Mytwobobsworth will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    John Cross

Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Although they managed to re-run Charlton R6 in the R7 timeslot after Austin Misfud was tipped out at the first attempt, I am guessing the rest of the meet may have been abandoned due to the lack of an ambulance
    Another fall in the next.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Ouch - I hope all are well
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    The very first post in the first Odds and Ends thread started back in 2014 was about Mister Wickham

http://www.harnessracingforum.com/sh...hlight=Wickham

I am not a punter but I had $5 on him last start and never even thought about it tonight

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...20#MXM23102001

ps It wasn't one of Dan's best calls (winner hit front 100m out) but that is alright Dan, you don't have to make excuses and excuses - we appreciate how hard it is
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Messenger; 10-23-2020 at 10:25 PM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    I had $10 the place on Mister Wickham last night ! His last few runs had been better than they looked on paper but I was not expecting him to win !

To be fair to Dan at one stage in the home straight there were about 10 horses spread across the track with very little between them.
    Don't die wondering !

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Matthew Craven has gone from Ecklin South (south of Terang) to Cranbourne for 1 horse and being in R1 he would have struck whatever traffic Covid Melbourne can throw at you.
    We have to be looking at 7hrs of driving return and he then had whatever could go wrong in the race - go wrong
    Crazy stuff
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Matthew Craven has gone from Ecklin South (south of Terang) to Cranbourne for 1 horse and being in R1 he would have struck whatever traffic Covid Melbourne can throw at you.
    We have to be looking at 7hrs of driving return and he then had whatever could go wrong in the race - go wrong
    Crazy stuff
    Lucky he didn't have to there 4 hours early then with this horse !!!

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Chris Lang had a 7yo mare (8yo once upon a time) debut and win in the first at Shep tonight

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...20#SPC30102005
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread