Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Different Aspects to Programming

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    The Outboard at Melton may have been a blink and you miss it affair but what a terrific drive from Scott Ewen and a sustained staying performance from Bulletproof Boy. Instead of giving the horse full throttle out of the barrier the horse was given time to settle (if that is an appropriate word for a 1200 metre novelty event) then sprinted and sustained his run from the 800 metre mark. Noticeably, the two leaders that flew the gate compacted and ran down the track.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    The difference in times between races for Menangle compared to Melton tonight is extraordinary

Melton has 41 minutes races 4 and 5. Only 30 mins between early races then mostly around 38 mins

Menangle's longest gap is between races 5 and 6 at 37 mins but then only 25 mins between races 6 and 7, they probably average around 30
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Why I wont be going to Horsham on Monday
    R.1 is at 12.52 so if there was half an hour between each race, R.9 would be at 4.52
    BUT it is Over an hour later at 5.58
    The program starts off with the barely acceptable 35min between races but eventually the gaps extend all the way out to 44 mins before the Trotters Cup
    The committee can try and convince me as to how they will keep me entertained for all that time (Yes, I know the gap is not their doing but it is their show)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Why would there be 2 heats of 6 runners for the Vicbred 3yo fillies at Kilmore tonight?
    The field size for Kilmore is 12

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...22#KIC31032205
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Hamilton with the $25k Tontine Championships had me interested for Monday
    But 40mins between Quaddie races!
    The Meadowlands is only ever 25mins
    Stawell Gift with 5mins between races is the go
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    We have a non-metro meeting at Melton on Friday and yet we are wasting $28k (well wasting at least half of it, $14k would have been sufficient) on a 6 horse claiming race for the benefit of the A for asbestos stable. They really must have some friends in at programming

https://www.harness.org.au/racing/fi...22#MXC25112205
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    On a mostly pathetic $4,500 meet at Melton today we have one $10k race - a mares trot that after scratchings has gone from 7 to 4 starters - now that is a waste of money. Maybe if a race cannot garner 8 acceptors then knowing that scratchings happen, it should not hold up
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Pretty unusual to see two VIC night meetings on the same date
    I wonder how many races will end up on Sky2?

Shep (Vicbred hts) and Mildura
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    The time between races is becoming absurd and IMO deterring people from attending

Take Stawell on Thursday.
    R1 is 12.30 and the last R10 is 6.00

To illustrate how bad this is, consider this, if there was only 30mins between races (nothing outstanding about 30mins) the last would be at 5.00 - a whole hour saved

If it was 20mins between races the last would be at 3.30 - the whole program would be over in almost half the time - 3hrs not 5˝hrs
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 2YO Bonnie will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Anne Anderson
    Occupation
    Horse Breeder /Owner
    Horses
    Ladies In Red, Hurricane Harley, Honolua
    For the reasons you have mentioned I no longer go to Harness Racing Meetings unless I have a horse racing at that meeting. . I get there in time to see my horses race and leave after they’ve raced. There is no reason to spend any extra time on course.

+ Reply to Thread