Senior Member Colt Yabbie will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Carol Bass
    Occupation
    Paralegal
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    https://www.harness.org.au/racing/fi...24#MXM27042401

The best race on Saturday night's Melton program is in slot 1
    Many of the same horses were also placed in the R1 slot last week but due to the Nutrien Finals they may not have considered the best race of the night by many (although they were the best performed horses)

It is obviously all about the punt and with a 5.30 start time - trying to piggyback onto the gallops

I guess admin would know if it pays off. I wonder whether 5.30 still attracts the same amount of 'harness punters'.

Attendances no longer seem to be a consideration or else you are not going schedule it this way for although I always get there very early when I go (I have a long way to come, so it is not just a night out event when I do), I am thinking getting there at 5.15 is not what many 'rusted ons' are used to
    It is definitely trying to get punters immediately following gallops
    They are not interested in on track attendance. I am a timekeeper in local footy and have absolutely no chance of being at Melton for a 5.30 start. Often it’s at least an hours drive direct from the game.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    And so it continues - the main Saturday Melton race is R1 at 5.24 - we are totally beholding to the punt - we are making ourselves mere adjuncts and vassals to the gallops
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread