Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bond out

Senior Member Horse Of The Year KTQ will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Katie Howlett
    Horses
    Jack Mac, Sugar Street

Bond out

I have no comment on this case but leading WA trainer Greg Bond has been disqualified for 12 months.

https://thewest.com.au/sport/horse-r...-ng-b88556390z

http://www.rwwa.com.au/home/industry...n-nz-6286.html
    Last edited by KTQ; 08-03-2017 at 04:30 AM.

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Gee any trainer knows a horse can work ordinary during the week, as described in this case, and come out good as gold on race night...yes, you would be right in saying his best action may have been to scratch the horse and in hindsight that would be right.
    Surely there is not an expectation he tells the world the horse worked ordinary in his interview, if you did that every time a horse worked ordinary during the week and then raced good on race night, you could be found guilty of what he has just been found guilty!!

Seems to be a hefty penalty for the size of the crime to me.

Real Name
    Katie Howlett
    Horses
    Jack Mac, Sugar Street
    I think it's more he said he'd betted on it when he deliberately left it out of first 4. He gave listeners the impression it'd go better than he knew it would.

Is a hefty penalty I agree

Senior Member 3YO strong persuader has a spectacular aura about strong persuader's Avatar
    Real Name
    Phil Bourke
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Gee any trainer knows a horse can work ordinary during the week, as described in this case, and come out good as gold on race night...yes, you would be right in saying his best action may have been to scratch the horse and in hindsight that would be right.
    Surely there is not an expectation he tells the world the horse worked ordinary in his interview, if you did that every time a horse worked ordinary during the week and then raced good on race night, you could be found guilty of what he has just been found guilty!!

Seems to be a hefty penalty for the size of the crime to me.
    It seems that the big issue was the betting that excluded Fifth Edition that sealed Bond's fate.
    Warning: Horses are expensive, addictive, and may impair the ability to use common sense.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    It is definitely the misleading - confirmed by his (non) betting. Brenno is not going to be happy that punters must now be told (spoonfed) the absolute truth about track work (they can always say next to nothing - the old way)

It will end up being a NON penalty as his partner will simply take over (this is a massive loop hole in our industry as I have discussed in threads elsewhere)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 4YO Fan of Jate will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Pat O'Boyle
    But you dont tell the public that he is the best chance of winning from the stable on that particular night especially in a first start up from NZ and then leave him out of your own bets and then let a part owner know that the horse basically wasnt going to win that night. That is extremely misleading. Obviously the punting public liked his tip because it started favourite. The stewards are all over this type of activity. They seem to treat this type of offence more severely than others IMO as well. but you cant have it both ways, the charge was there, it was proven and he will pay the penalty. The Bonds have a lot of runners who generally are good horses so the public do back them but the stables activities in relation to information to the public cast a pall over how they operate. That stable is also very successful as the number of winners they have had this year is huge.

Real Name
    Katie Howlett
    Horses
    Jack Mac, Sugar Street
    They're investigating whether Skye can take over the partnership. She's suspended as well for the time being

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    It is definitely the misleading - confirmed by his (non) betting. Brenno is not going to be happy that punters must now be told (spoonfed) the absolute truth about track work (they can always say next to nothing - the old way)

It will end up being a NON penalty as his partner will simply take over (this is a massive loop hole in our industry as I have discussed in threads elsewhere)
    I would say deliberate mis-information with insider trading is different to the omission of publicly available information from a formguide.

If he wanted to bet he should have kept his mouth shut. Gareth Hall has done plenty on track interviews with drivers without them landing in trouble for what they say. Speaking publicly and advertising our sport can be done without getting yourself in a spot of bother.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Just stirring Brendan
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 4YO Fan of Jate will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Pat O'Boyle
    They did not have a runner tonight at GP.

+ Reply to Thread