Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: the "judge" does drive

Member Gelding richard1955 will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    richard ducharme

the "judge" does drive

Well Dad ( John DuCHARME ) did ( he is 90 now ) drive... It wasn't very often.
    The most interesting part to the European readers is the horse ( Richie Prospect ) who was named
    after ME. But more important finished 2nd to both Nevele Pride and Fresh Yankee racing JFA/FFA in NY. Del Insko being his regular driver.

I don't remember all the horses he raced against ? But I am sure he raced against any European horses that to race in The US

" Richie " raced till he was 14, and NEVER made a break in his entire racing career. He won the first and last races of his career, and earned $200K back when that was a LOT of $$$

He was a pure "homebred" whose "stud fee" was given to Dad when he served as Presiding Judge for The Lexington Trots ( Grand Circuit )

Anyway, Dad didn't drive often, but "Richie" not only gave my Dad his FIRST win as a driver, but also MY first win also. He was a very special horse, that allowed my father to "retire" in his early 40's as a Chief Steward and devote his life to breeding, training, and once in awhile driving his OWN horses.
    Attached Files

+ Reply to Thread