Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Harness Racing Research Project

Hybrid View

Junior Member Foal Excursion will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    David Collins
    Hi Patrick, great to see your interest. I have completed your survey and would recommend it to others. The sport's slide is probably due to greater and more complex factors than your survey questions touch on. If you are looking to take an academic approach to the topic I would recommend a book called A Global Racecourse which was published in 2008 by the Australian Society For Sports History. There is an excellent chapter called Taking The Heat Out of The Red Hots by a gentleman named Wayne Peake. Of course there are many more avenues of inquiry you can take and you could probably write a thesis if you had the time and inclination - that's how our interesting our sport is! Good luck!

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Excursion View Post
    Hi Patrick, great to see your interest. I have completed your survey and would recommend it to others. The sport's slide is probably due to greater and more complex factors than your survey questions touch on. If you are looking to take an academic approach to the topic I would recommend a book called A Global Racecourse which was published in 2008 by the Australian Society For Sports History. There is an excellent chapter called Taking The Heat Out of The Red Hots by a gentleman named Wayne Peake. Of course there are many more avenues of inquiry you can take and you could probably write a thesis if you had the time and inclination - that's how our interesting our sport is! Good luck!
    I too will have to seek that one out David. It is strange how 'rogues' are seen as being particularly harmful to our code and yet the gallops seem to be impervious to theirs
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread