Quote Originally Posted by Rob Nalder View Post
Richard,
I think I should throw out the early stats around The Blaster, From only 69 foals on ground in his 1st year at Stud he has delivered 7 Starters (up to now) to get to the races for 3 winners. I know it is only early days but his stock have hit the ground running. All the 2 year old from his first crop so far really look the goods. To add further merit just look at the mares that have produced his winners to date and I think you would agree he is doing something very special that other stallions that the mares have been too have not been able to achieve. As I said early days but just look at the numbers and stats so far and we could not be prouder of what he is delivering. Talking to the trainers that have Blasters just franks what I am seeing in his stock. His next starter is at Bathurst this Wednesday night race 6 number 3 from memory in the fillies race. As we all know the Stallions that make the grade do so by leaving stats from very limited numbers and from the grass roots of owner Breeders that races his stock. Time and numbers will decide if what we feel he is doing hits the mark with all our Breeders. All the best and keep an eye on The Blasters
Great to see he has hit the ground running Rob, industry average for 2YO winners is about 5% and he is already thereabouts very early in the season, he has always looked like a horse that would make a stallion, lets hope things continue in that vein.

cheers,

dan