Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Victoria begins Trots Vision

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I know they will be up tomorrow and there will be some excuse that they did not have internet or who knows what
    But it seems like BS when Sky/TAB have the replay
    HRV will probably say it is RISE's fault because they are responsible for putting up the replays
    While RISE will say it is HRV's fault because they do the uploading

Whoever's fault it is, there is no question that it is someone's fault and they need to explain (had something stronger but I have become PC) when they stuff up
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    https://www.thetrots.com.au/news/art...urful-new-era/

A new-look TrotsVision launches Saturday night at Tabcorp Park Melton

The article talks about new titles and more

A new broadcast set has been installed this week at the Melton studio, protests will now be beamed live on TrotsVision, coverage will feature more interviews, feature stories, engaging discussion and the best form analysis in the land.

Although Ryan Phelan has come onboard as a consultant there is no change to this Saturday's personnel
    For professionalism we are really missing Nikita Ross.

The article also mentions :

HRV announced this morning that its three biggest feature meetings, Pryde’s EasiFeed Victoria Cup night (October 8), Inter Dominion Finals (December 10) and Del-Re National A.G. Hunter Cup (February 4), would feature on Sky Racing and free-to-air television Channel 78 (68 in regional areas) via Racing.com.

It is interesting to read

Citing research from Gemba produced this year, Mellor said harness racing stood to benefit significantly from further engaging fans in other racing codes through extended broadcasts.

“A significant number of thoroughbred racing and ‘non-racing’ fans engage with harness racing each month, meaning there is a substantial group of people engaging regularly with our sport that we can connect with further through extended broadcasts,” she said.

I wonder whether this research was released for it would be good to read
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    Don't recall any complaints about the set . Glad it's been fixed!
    Don't die wondering !

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    I watched the entire coverage of Vic cup night on free to air ch 78, it was a huge improvement on trots vision and good viewing. Just need to have this every Saturday night and get rid of JB of course!
    Don't die wondering !

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Hi Rick, was that the same coverage that was on TrotsVision, I assumed it was OR did you get Sky's coverage which would have included Brittany Graham. I watched the TrotsVision replay to see what I missed (having gone) and thought it was very good. The only weakness, I feel is that Shannon was tacked on as their token female
    There wasn't too much JB and he had a suitable role.
    My dream improvement would be to have Brittany - maybe instead of Ryan, although she is very good at her roaming interviews. Did anybody watch the Sky coverage to tell us what that was like?
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Kevin, I didn't see the Sky coverage so can't comment on it. The Ch 78 version may have been shown on Trots vision but was a much better show than what is normally on there. If it were like this every week it would attract more viewers in my opinion.
    Don't die wondering !

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Did you have Gareth Hall doing the roving interviews or Brittany Graham (both were there doing more or less the same thing - both VG) - that will tell me whether Ch78 used Vision or Sky
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    When a track/meeting has a MC doing interviews, why can't TrotsVision use/take those interviews instead of twiddling their thumbs waiting for their turn to make the driver repeat the interview
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Bendigo R7 Breeders Crown 3yo Fillies Ht 3 was put back a race, then as they entered the straight for the final time Trots Vision goes to its next race countdown clock - they really do find all manner of ways to stuff up (I wonder what happened on Sky?)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    It is our big Breeders Crown Gp1 night and we are seeing vid of the presentations but no audio, maybe we only want to cut into the owners speech But I do think we could hear a bit less of the panel and something from the winners

Good to see they are getting to use Brittany's on track interviews for Sky.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread