Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast

Thread: Trainers and Drivers

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Is it that hard to get drives or is Jason Lee just taking it a bit easier this year?
    For the last 6yrs I think he has driven 100+ winners from 600+ drives
    With only a couple of months to go he has 47 winners from only 325 drives
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Ben Yole is certainly making inroads in Vic
    Unlike in Tassie where he has the majority of the starters, tonight at Geelong he only had 6 starters in 5 races for 3 wins and a second

https://www.harness.org.au/racing/fi...s/?mc=GE311022
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    At this point Chris Alford is listed to retain the drive on Amore Vita in her Breeders Crown heat on Friday and despite the change of stables it could still happen as the Stewart stable are hoping to qualify 14 for the semis so they might be needing him
    He is listed to drive Idyllic for them on Saturday night but that would be more of a surprise

https://www.harness.org.au/racing/fi...s/?mc=BN041122

https://www.harness.org.au/racing/fi...s/?mc=MX051122
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Debra Wicks Moss won the veteran drivers race at Bendigo on Friday

https://harnesslink.com/australia/gi...gends-feature/

his proudest moments were Debra becoming the first female driver in an official race to win against the boys at her first race drive aboard Darwin Boy at Hawkesbury in late 1977

It is amazing that this was just 45yrs ago
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Even more amazing, or tragic, is I remember Darwin Boy!

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I am pretty sure my arithmetic is correct and that Majestic Cruiser has won over $700k since Jason Grimson took him off Geoff Webster 16 months ago
    He was 6½ at the time and it is not unusual for standardbreds to peak between 6 - 8 years of age but who would have thought
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    How pathetic of the Douglas stable (possibly just Daryl) not giving interviews on TrotsVision
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Is Denbeigh Wade really driving at Swan Hill tonight after having to stay in Hospital Sunday night after the fall at St Arnaud?
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    So many threads I could have put this in
    PP is skeptical of Wavethebill's improvement for the Morris stable since coming from NZ

Wavethebill is 2/2 at Menangle winning by 25m+ in 1.51.5 which is many seconds faster than he had ever gone before and only having won 2/27 in NZ

No doubt some of that is 'Menangle' and you could argue that he has come from a small stable and may have had room for a deal of improvement
    But old trainer Simon Adlam has been dabbling with the odd horse for 30yrs with his second best season being 2008 when the dam of Wavethebill won 7 races as a 4yo

Wavethebill is superbly named being by Net Ten EOM (10 days end of month) from Wave Runner
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    When I was a little kid, detractors of the sport of Trotting referred to it in rhyming slang as the red-hots. It was legendary not so much for the horses but the rorts pulled regularly by cheating participants. Nearly six decades later we are confronted by Wavethebill, a horse only cleared from NZ twenty-six days pior to its first-up win at Menangle. It's career form suggested it would be more suited to racing at Broken Hill, certainly not Menangle.

It has lead all the way at both Menangle starts, ran 1:51.1 in both by around the same margin of around 26 metres. A good spelling paddock during a cold South Island winter, perhaps? Not in my book. I wouldn't let those swab samples out of my sight but given it is now two years and HRNSW still hasn't completed inquiries into Kerry-Ann Morris' two positive levamisole swabs I might be waiting a while to find an answer. No doubt others will claim the horse's latent ability had been discovered. It's just red-hot, as usual.

+ Reply to Thread