Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 35 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast

Thread: Trainers and Drivers

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Aaron Dunn could probably bring Bondi Lockdown home - I am not sure the McCarthy's are doing anymore than he could now (if he puts a top driver on)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Aaron Dunn could probably bring Bondi Lockdown home - I am not sure the McCarthy's are doing anymore than he could now (if he puts a top driver on)
    Further confirmed tonight, I think

https://www.harness.org.au/racing/fi...23#APC17062301
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    PP thinks Jason Grimson has drawn too much attention to himself (as in not on the up and up) with the win of Swayzee in Tk Rec time at Albion Park yesterday
    Swayzee has now won 4 in a row for Grimson but PP does not believe he could improve a horse trained by Tim Butt that much. In his many starts at AP, Swayzee had not been able to rate 1.52.0 over the shorter trip much less the middle distance (and win by 29m)

https://www.harness.org.au/racing/fi...23#APC20062302

Swayzee is however an older half bro of Leap To Fame
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    OMG I just watched it. Drew outside front row and stuck wide around first bend, then he could not hold him back to them. He took 0.4 off Record held by Bling It On
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    OMG I just watched it. Drew outside front row and stuck wide around first bend, then he could not hold him back to them. He took 0.4 off Record held by Bling It On
    Yeah, he's just a good trainer. Tim Butt? Has he ever had a good horse? Obviously a mug.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Congratulations to Mel Thackeray on driving her 6th winner at Maryborough today. Mel has taken to driving late but she is the wife of Danny Thackeray. Danny had a Gp1 win in 2011 with Left In Paris who was owned, raced and successfully bred from by Bill and Anne Anderson.

I notice that Left In Paris's last foal was bred by the Thackerays so they must have bought or leased her from the Andersons. She had a filly by the Anderson's Poster Boy. I reckon it would be fitting if she turned out to be a poster child

https://www.harness.org.au/racing/fi...23#MHC30062304
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Showgrounds View Post
    Yeah, he's just a good trainer. Tim Butt? Has he ever had a good horse? Obviously a mug.
    Swayzee wins again! Butt who trained the horse the race was named after to a win in a Hunter Cup and an Interdom?
    I wonder what that trainer could do with Swayzee ?
    What do you mean he trained him for all his 36 starts before this winning streak

It is interesting to note that in Swayzee's first ever (2yo) start and win, he was driven by Jason Grimson for Tim Butt
    Last month PP suggested there is bad blood between the two of them - anybody know if that is true?
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Look at the following table taken from the USTA homepage today

Can a driver have already had 2242 drives in 2023?
    That is 80 drives a week, that seems incredible when many of their tracks do not commence racing until April
    Attached Images
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I loved the drive of Greg Sugars on 2nd fav Sahara Breeze in R4 at Kilmore last night
    He had a plan to not make life easy for the $1.15 fav Joyful which included not handing up the lead
    It happens so often that a horse deep in the red is given the lead, I was starting to think the bookies must have been issuing a 'lead ticket' for the drivers of such favourites to show to the other drivers in the race

https://www.harness.org.au/racing/fi...23#KIM15072307

Edit - But the bookies would want the fav to be beaten Hmmmmm?
    Last edited by Messenger; 07-16-2023 at 03:50 PM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Swayzee wins again! Butt who trained the horse the race was named after to a win in a Hunter Cup and an Interdom?
    I wonder what that trainer could do with Swayzee ?
    What do you mean he trained him for all his 36 starts before this winning streak

It is interesting to note that in Swayzee's first ever (2yo) start and win, he was driven by Jason Grimson for Tim Butt
    Last month PP suggested there is bad blood between the two of them - anybody know if that is true?
    I have been trying to find how we explain Swayzee
    Here is the link to his performances

https://www.harness.org.au/racing/ho...horseId=809740

Start at the bottom for his very first start and work your way up
    You do not have to watch all the replays - just click on the dates and go to the results (a better way to view the replays anyway)
    Check out his performances and who he was running against
    At least go all the way up until he went to QLD

You would have to say he would be a horse you would be pretty keen to get into your stable

If you were tossing around explanations one might be to ask "Was Tim Butt, still as 'hungry' when he made the move to sunny Qld?" I am not saying one way or the other (as if I would know) - just looking for explanations other than those being thrown around.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread