Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Stewart Stable Remarkable

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Do we want to take him on again at Hamilton today in R1
    or will the Stewart stable have improved him, they will want to have, even though this is a much weaker race
    He is $1.40 again !
    I will have an interest on Barely A Glimpse

https://www.harness.org.au/racing/fi...23#HMC16022307

ps I could not find where you view Horsham trials to check out the first starter
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Thanks to Horsham for getting back to me straight away. They had no idea that their trials have not been uploaded for 3yrs and will be promptly looking into fixing this
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Do we want to take him on again at Hamilton today in R1
    or will the Stewart stable have improved him, they will want to have, even though this is a much weaker race
    He is $1.40 again !
    I will have an interest on Barely A Glimpse

https://www.harness.org.au/racing/fi...23#HMC16022307

ps I could not find where you view Horsham trials to check out the first starter
    Right again but I do not know how you find the winner
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    They have taken a team to NSW for the big races. They never seem to go as well away from Vic. Lot of talk on twitter that the retaining barn could be effecting how well their horses run. I did notice CR seemed to be most effected. Could be something in that !
    Don't die wondering !

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I don't know this time Rick, I think the talk may be a bit scurrilous, CR did break 1.50
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    Also a 2hr delay could have put horses off

Member Yearling Theoldfox will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Em C
    You noted the other runners went well. I'm not one to usually bat for the tonkin/stewart stable but the comments about the retention barn are unfair.
    We need to remember the horses were floated up a couple of days before in the heat, which takes all day.....a loooong trip. Then put in unfamiliar surroundings (he is still a stallion) and raced at 11pm. We just need to consider that some horses cope with the upheaval better than others. They aren't machines, it's not like taking a drag car on a trailer to race interstate. Given the times he ran at Melton, I would say he performed below his best.

Quote Originally Posted by gutwagon View Post
    They have taken a team to NSW for the big races. They never seem to go as well away from Vic. Lot of talk on twitter that the retaining barn could be effecting how well their horses run. I did notice CR seemed to be most effected. Could be something in that !

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    You don't see this too often - one runner in a race winning at $8. That is what they call a longshot

https://www.harness.org.au/racing/fi...23#MHC14082301
    Attached Images
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Gawn has a good horses record 8 starts - 3 wins + 5 seconds But I really think he will test the Stewart stables horsemanship
    I don't think he is a genuine trier

https://www.harness.org.au/racing/fi...23#BAC18082301
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    9 Semis to Emma and Clayton.
    She did have 34 runners - most stables do not have 34 horses much less 34 good enough to make a Vicbred Semi
    She only had 1 runner in the 4yo C&G's Semis so that was at least 1 race she was not going to win
    So 9/11

Not unexpected as I think she has won at least 6 semis for the last few years

https://www.harness.org.au/racing/fi...23#MXM09092312
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread