Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Queensland in trouble ?

Member Yearling Jimmy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Sam Rawnsley
    Occupation
    Have to work, can't ma

Angry Queensland in trouble ?

Queensland harness racing future is in the hands of the wrong people, the future of this state being a power house is greatly in trouble, they are not listerning to the people of our sport. What's does the future hold for the Sun shine state ? any takers ?

nat
    The whole industry is in trouble unless we keep our guard up we once owned the nights, I was watching a Sky thoroughbred show the other day and they were boasting about owning the Friday night racing schedule Moonee Valley, Canterbury and Gold Coast I think. Boy I thought S.A. was in trouble how wrong was I Queensland Racing wanting to sell two of the best track in OZ to pump up thoroughbred racing I don’t know about you but I cannot remember ever getting back anything what was lost. These conglomerates like Queensland Racing do seem to be thoroughbred orientated dictatorship at times

Member Yearling Jimmy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Sam Rawnsley
    Occupation
    Have to work, can't ma
    Yes nat, you are spot on Dictatorship by the thoroughbred members.

nat
    When there are 6 or so seats on the pannel 1 Greyhound 1 Harness Racing and 3 or 4 Thoroughbreds whos is going to win the vote when it benifits Thoroughbred racing any guesses anyone.

Member Filly latemail_cam will become famous soon enough latemail_cam's Avatar
    Real Name
    Cameron Lee
    Occupation
    CEO
    Hi,

Would you be interested joining a harness racing partnership of around 5 people 20% shares?

I currently have a half share in a mare and are keen to start a syndicate to race in qld with a specific trainer.

My mare has had 5 starts for me for 2 wins and 2 2nds and 1 3rd.

Msg me if your interested.

Thanks

sales@floralland.com.au

Cameron

Senior Member Colt Phoenix will become famous soon enough Phoenix's Avatar
    Real Name
    Panos Kambas
    Quote Originally Posted by nat View Post
    When there are 6 or so seats on the pannel 1 Greyhound 1 Harness Racing and 3 or 4 Thoroughbreds whos is going to win the vote when it benifits Thoroughbred racing any guesses anyone.
    yep the boring thoroughbred races.. .. racing without a structure.. unlike harness racing... go through the grades then you have metro races then go through those grades and you have the free for alls, country cups and the grand circuit every year and the interdominion every year.

Our form of racing WHIPS the gallops by the length of the menangle park straight.

For me, gallops races are BABS.. BORING AS BAT S**T

Member Filly peacheymagic will become famous soon enough peacheymagic's Avatar
    Real Name
    Unknown
    The stakes in Queensland are way behind that of Sydney and Melbourne which is why there are few up and coming horses in Queensland because they can go to these other states and race for more money. I am struggling to find many future grand circuit stars in this weeks card the feature race is for $11,000 dollars and the fav will be an 11yo Be Good Johnny the card is stacked with claimers and there is no 3yo race so why would owners of a promising horse keep racing them in Queensland, except for the thrill of watching their horse race. The card isn't much of a drawcard for punters either when they can spend their hard earned on Melton or Menangle.

Real Name
    Panos Kambas
    If you think Queensland has problems, you should have a look at what's doing in S.A. They only have M class races this Saturday whereas their normal FFA's are C6+.

Another thing to consider with Victoria is that their minimum purse for a C class race is $5k no matter where it is, whereas Albion Park can have FFA's on a Tuesday with a purse of only $4150.. so peacheymagic.. you are dead set right...

Maybe that is why the McCarthy's are seriously considering setting up another camp here in Sydney and to send their top-liners down here. If that happened then the Qld scene would be considerably weakened.. but would anyone blame the guys for wanting to earn more for their bread-and-butter wins?

Member Filly peacheymagic will become famous soon enough peacheymagic's Avatar
    Real Name
    Unknown
    To be honest Phoenix the only states where a serious owner/breeder/trainer would consider racing would be NSW, Vic or WA and Queensland up until now. The likes of South Australia and Tasmania are only raced by hobby trainers and breeders unfortunately as the stakes and feature races don't make it viable to those who wish to race top horses and be successful. For the sake of a couple of feature races a year why wouldn't you base yourself in Sydney where feature Queensland and Victorian carnivals are accessible. Or if you had a nice horse who was not quite up to grand circuit racing send it to WA to race for the best stakes in Australia week in week out.

Real Name
    Panos Kambas
    Very true about W.A. They've always had great stakes. I just had a quick look at some average race results at Gloucester Park from the early 90's and they were racing for $8k whereas Moonee Valley metro races were just a bit over that and Harold Park were around the $5.5k mark.

Speaking of WA.. ITMQ and Washakie are going around on Friday night. And fair dinkum how much longer can Has The Answers race for.. He's due for one hell of a break.

+ Reply to Thread