Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Queensland in trouble ?

Junior Member Weanling Brando will become famous soon enough Brando's Avatar
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Any thoughts on Bentley's Industry Infrastructure Masterplan released to the media? Looks promising from an outisder's perspective without knowing the full politics involved with the 3 codes in RQL

Senior Member Colt Phoenix will become famous soon enough Phoenix's Avatar
    Real Name
    Panos Kambas
    Sad to read that Albion Park is gonna be sold. Isn't Parklands @ Gold Coast also closing this year? Where are they gonna race now? At the triangle @ Redcliffe? Or back at the megatight Toowoomba track??

Member Filly peacheymagic will become famous soon enough peacheymagic's Avatar
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Has the answers is a perfect WA horse not up to the top level but what a job he has done $850,000 in the bank and hasn't left the state, I very much doubt he would have been able to earn half of that in any other state. Mysta Magical Mach is another one that comes to mind.

Real Name
    Panos Kambas
    Oh My Word... I just got on the Australian Harness Racing website to check out how long Has The Answers has been racing in this current spell.. .and it started way back in September 2 0 0 9 !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a look: http://www.harness.org.au/ausbreed/r...orse_id=517172

Real Name
    Panos Kambas
    Just noticed the story on Nathan Hand.

I sincerely wish him the best of luck in what will be a hell of a fight to keep Albion Park for harness racing.

Member Filly peacheymagic will become famous soon enough peacheymagic's Avatar
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Yeah he is same sort of Iron horse Phoenix and I would agree with you that he needs a spell but the horse is 8 now and if he has a spell now he may not return to his best and so can understand why the trainer and owners are keeping him going, as he continues to bring in the cheques, until he loses form/gets injured i don;t think he will get a spell.

Real Name
    Panos Kambas
    better not tell that to the horse otherwise he'd say something like "what the &$#@.. i'm gonna keep racing and racing??"

Flashing Red
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    Sad to read that Albion Park is gonna be sold. Isn't Parklands @ Gold Coast also closing this year? Where are they gonna race now? At the triangle @ Redcliffe? Or back at the megatight Toowoomba track??
    If you had read the infastructure plan, Albion Park would be replaced by Deagon, only 15 mins further North than Albion Park (and unlike Albion Park it is easier to get through, no stopping and starting through the city with traffic and traffic lights). Deagon will be a 1400m track, the same size as Menagle, plus there will be (I think, trying to remember off the top of my head) 100-120 stables for standardbreds on course. The gallopers will be moved out. There will be a dual grandstand like at the Goldcoast, with the greyhounds on the other side.

We have the opportunity to get a state of the art 7/8th track - look how popular Menagle is. Sadly, Queensland has gained the repuation of being the worst state for team driving - a 1400m track greatly reduces opportunities for team driving, which will benefit the entire industry.

We will also have a 1000 metre track at Bundamba and Redcliffe will still race once a week. While it will be sad to loose Albion Park, Deagon will be much better - the same as Harold Park v Menagle.

Real Name
    Panos Kambas
    Quote Originally Posted by Flashing Red View Post
    If you had read the infastructure plan, Albion Park would be replaced by Deagon, only 15 mins further North than Albion Park (and unlike Albion Park it is easier to get through, no stopping and starting through the city with traffic and traffic lights). Deagon will be a 1400m track, the same size as Menagle, plus there will be (I think, trying to remember off the top of my head) 100-120 stables for standardbreds on course. The gallopers will be moved out. There will be a dual grandstand like at the Goldcoast, with the greyhounds on the other side.

We have the opportunity to get a state of the art 7/8th track - look how popular Menagle is. Sadly, Queensland has gained the repuation of being the worst state for team driving - a 1400m track greatly reduces opportunities for team driving, which will benefit the entire industry.

We will also have a 1000 metre track at Bundamba and Redcliffe will still race once a week. While it will be sad to loose Albion Park, Deagon will be much better - the same as Harold Park v Menagle.
    Yep I did read the infrastructure plan and my question "Where are they gonna race now?" was referring to Parklands...

The new track at Deagon will be a boon for Brisbane racing - no doubt about it..

Before Menangle and Melton came along, it was Albion Park that was considered the "speed pacing capital of Australia".

How times have changed....

Flashing Red
    It's fantastic hey? I don't know why Bentley kept silent for so long, I think he could have managed everything a little better, people felt like they weren't being informed, going behind their back etc. But really, all along, he just wants the viability of the racing industry. I was one of his stouted critics - but have had to eat humble pie It's a shame that there are a number of people within the harness industry doing their best to keep the positives about Deagon etc in the dark. I say let people hear both sides of the story and make up for themselves. Sadly however the only things that seem to be published of late are anti-Deagon and anti-Bentley articles We were going down the gurgler as it was, at least this guy is trying.

+ Reply to Thread