+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Interdom. 2013/15

Senior Member 3YO 2minuteman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ron James
    Occupation
    General Gadfly
    I wasn't advocating 3000m for ID final only as a spectacle,2300 is far enough to help overcome bad barrier draws etc. and having tactics play a apart.On the final (and heats) my opinion is that if it is to be called a "Championship" it should be an open draw Free for All from the mob.

triplev123
    Yeh, I know that Ron. I had a flashback to a Standing Start distance race one of ours was in years ago. NEVER again. It was like watching bread rise.

Flashing Red
    Quote Originally Posted by triplev123 View Post
    At the risk of incurring Flashing's rather considerable wrath ....I REALLY dislike those God awful 3km standing start slogs. IMO they should have gone the way of the rest of the Dinosaurs by way of staggering into & then drowing themselves in the La Brea Tar Pits. A mile & a 1/4 to a mile & a 1/2 from the mobile is about as far as any Standardbred should ever be asked to go.
    You're lucky I live 1000km away. But maybe you can hear me from NSW. lol.

Standardbreds are a tough breed overall. If thoroughbreds can go over 3200m (even up to 4000m in Europe!) then standardbreds sure as bloody hell can too

However I do not advocate 3200m overnight races and I think 2 miles should be kept to just a few features, ie NZ Cup and Hunter Cup. I do not think new 2 mile stakes races should be introduced but I think it would be a crying shame if the NZ Cup or Hunter Cup's conditions changed. It would be like making the Melbourne Cup a 2400m WFA event. And while I'm not a diehard standing start fan I don't think they should be removed altogether because it gives those horses that lack gatespeed a chance, ie a wider scope of races for a wider range of horses (as are races over 1 1/2 miles).

Flashing Red
    Quote Originally Posted by triplev123 View Post
    Yeh, I know that Ron. I had a flashback to a Standing Start distance race one of ours was in years ago. NEVER again. It was like watching bread rise.
    100% bias, but the NZ Cup of 2007 goes down as one of the most exciting races I have ever seen (for me). The hair on the back of my neck still stands up when I think about it. Up there with SBSW's 1:46 mile and Smoken Up's 1:48 Len Smith, Art Official's Meadowlands Pace win was also a beauty.

When you have top horses put in top performances, it doesn't matter what the distance or starting type of the race is in my opinion

Real Name
    Ron James
    Occupation
    General Gadfly
    Eggsackly,apart from an occasional trip to the Newcastle mid-weeks to see them go around these days, we now travel to main meetings (incl ID) to see the good horses in action.Atmosphere and anticipation is always great even if good things get beat.See trotters ID this year.
    Incidentally can somebody explain to me how you can have 10 starters in a C0 who in their last 30 starts have not filled a place and something opens odds on fav?

Real Name
    Ron James
    Occupation
    General Gadfly
    I think I know but maybe I am just a cynical old dropkick.

triplev123
    Quote Originally Posted by 2minuteman View Post
    Eggsackly,apart from an occasional trip to the Newcastle mid-weeks to see them go around these days, we now travel to main meetings (incl ID) to see the good horses in action.Atmosphere and anticipation is always great even if good things get beat.See trotters ID this year.
    Incidentally can somebody explain to me how you can have 10 starters in a C0 who in their last 30 starts have not filled a place and something opens odds on fav?
    [VVV] A drunk has a win on the Pokies and in celebration he turns & slaps down a lazy $100 in a small pool because he likes the name.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Quote Originally Posted by Flashing Red View Post
    The only state with any sense is WA. Bring back the 3 heats and final!!
    I'm with you Tahn
    So i will say this "this Format is a load of shit hang your head's in shame HRNSW you are not going to get the best horses in the final" it will just be a higher prizemoney MO front race not the Inter Dominion
    John( Dumesny) i thought you would have more sense agreeing to run something like this to me it put's the meaning of the Inter's as nothing more than the luckiest horse on the day get's in.
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Real Name
    Ron James
    Occupation
    General Gadfly
    My point exactly.

Senior Member 4YO Don Corleone has a spectacular aura about Don Corleone's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ray Fidow
    Occupation
    Sec Cons
    I agree totally with you Greg. If they wanted a format like this then by all means run one but don't say its a Inter because it is not.

+ Reply to Thread