Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 39 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast

Thread: Stewards News 2

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I am starting to get the picture now Carol

And some might remember this guilty plea from Matty Craven for an incident that happened the day after Michael Bellman's inappropriate whip meeting

Particulars of charge:
    1. You were, at all relevant times, licensed by HRV and bound by the Australian Harness Racing Rules.
    2. On 10 October 2020, you attended Tabcorp Park Melton and engaged in a conversation with licensed trainer and driver Mr Michael Bellman in or around the drivers’ room.
    3. In the course of that conversation, you threatened Mr Bellman, in that you directed the following comments to him:
    a. “You will keep ****”
    b. Words to the effect of: “I will back myself in any day to beat the **** out of you”

Plea: Guilty
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Interesting that Sofia Arvidsson suspended for knocking down Michael Bellman's horse

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...21#MXM21082106
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    From the Stewards Report for last Friday at Miludra

RACE 10 – GOOD DEAL TYRES PACE (1790 MS)

Loyola Rocknrolla over-raced during the middle stages when positioned outside of the leader.

Reece Moore, driver of Missblissfullbeach was cautioned for the manner in which he shifted ground near the 200m which resulted in Fiery Mac and Gilded being inconvenienced.

Lilbitahenrytee was held up and unable to obtain a clear run when finishing the race without being fully tested prior to finishing in 3rd place beaten 4m. Jordan Leedham, driver of Lilbitahenrytee was questioned regarding his tactics adopted inside the final 100m as a run presented to the inside of the leader Lucinda Jamar. Mr Leedham explained that given the close proximity to the winning post and that he considered that Alex Ashwood, driver of the leader (Lucinda Jamar) would correct his drive and Lilbitahenrytee may therefore be unable to progress into the run he elected not to pursue this opportunity. Mr Leedham added that he considered had he have taken this run, that Lilbitahenrytee would have remained in 3rd place. Although Stewards were satisfied that Lilbithenrytee would still have finished in 3rd place, Mr Leedham was advised that in future he would be expected to pursue such opportunities that exist at a vital stage of a race.

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/ste...l/?mc=ML200821

Strange that Jordan was only interested in following Alex

Here is the race. He was unlikely to improve on 3rd but head on footage showed a big gap half way down the straight

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...21#MLC20082107
    Last edited by Messenger; 08-22-2021 at 08:14 PM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    You can get away with pretty well any dodgy drive with no crowd in attendance. In times when crowds went to the trots, instead of protests at Parliament House, the hooting and hollering from disgruntled punters would prevent the stewards from having a power nap in their stands. The AG Hunter Stand at the Melbourne Showgrounds acted like a gigantic megaphone when horse were returning to scale. Any crook driver knew of the crowd's dissatisfaction. Young Leedham's drive was a strange one, you cannot win if you just follow the leader.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    We see drivers get irritable when a following horse is touching their helmet but David Magri (1x1 Columbias Deecee) went too far with full on head butts and you would expect the stewards to take some action as he caused My High Peak to gallop
    Amazingly My High Peak recovered and won
    The offence happened as they were approaching the bell

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...21#BAC27082108
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    We see drivers get irritable when a following horse is touching their helmet but David Magri (1x1 Columbias Deecee) went too far with full on head butts and you would expect the stewards to take some action as he caused My High Peak to gallop
    Amazingly My High Peak recovered and won
    The offence happened as they were approaching the bell

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...21#BAC27082108
    At no stage did I see the winning horse make contact with the driver's head but he deliberately turned around and gave it three big head butts. How did the sleepy stewards miss that?

A pretty ordinary maiden field but the winner was a terrific run considering the ground it lost and made up. Only its third start and is bred from a good family.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Showgrounds View Post
    At no stage did I see the winning horse make contact with the driver's head but he deliberately turned around and gave it three big head butts. How did the sleepy stewards miss that?

A pretty ordinary maiden field but the winner was a terrific run considering the ground it lost and made up. Only its third start and is bred from a good family.
    The Stewards Report is total nonsense:

Approaching the 1000m, My High Peak commenced to over-race slightly and raced in close proximity to the outside sulky wheel of Columbias Deecee (D Magri) resulting in My High Peak galloping. Stewards intend to interview David Magri, driver of Columbias Deecee regarding his actions during this section.

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/ste...l/?mc=BA270821

Blind Freddy can see that My High Peak galloped straight after being head-butted by David Magri
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    The Stewards Report is total nonsense:

Approaching the 1000m, My High Peak commenced to over-race slightly and raced in close proximity to the outside sulky wheel of Columbias Deecee (D Magri) resulting in My High Peak galloping. Stewards intend to interview David Magri, driver of Columbias Deecee regarding his actions during this section.

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/ste...l/?mc=BA270821

Blind Freddy can see that My High Peak galloped straight after being head-butted by David Magri
    After communication with the Stewards apparently "My High Peak commenced to over-race slightly and raced in close proximity to the outside sulky wheel of Columbias Deecee (D Magri) resulting in My High Peak galloping' does not suggest My High Peak's galloping was its own doing

We will have to watch for the result of the stewards inquiries
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Should have gone to Specsavers.

That is the only viable excuse the officiating panel could use, apart to admitting to incompetence.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    It is a big deal IMO for if they are prepared to ignore/go easy on some things then the question of Integrity becomes 'rubbery'
    They haven't yet done this but I think the Stewards Report is unnecessarily vague and could have put the whole incident to bed on the night
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread