+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Race bikes

Member Yearling Jimmy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Sam Rawnsley
    Occupation
    Have to work, can't ma

Race bikes

Did anyone see Monkey Kings new race bike on Friday night, it had no inside forks ! Was it a Harmer bike ?

nat
    There was an article on Harnesslink awhile back on the new style race bikes was it an advantage or not, Thomas Mitchell commented and said he was in the process of manufacturing a race bike along the lines of the us style bikes do's anyone know anything about this?

I also noticed on Kilmore Cup day David Aiken had what looked like a Tel-Star race bike, for me it looked a nicer well put togeather bike

Member Yearling Jimmy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Sam Rawnsley
    Occupation
    Have to work, can't ma
    Yah Nat i read that article also, but i have not heard any more about it. David Aiken bike looks like the one that Nat has on Blakes A Fake, there are a few getting about, i wonder what the price is for those bikes. Luke used the Harmer bike on Mr Feelgood, are we starting to see a bike war begin here ?

nat
    You have a keen eye just reveiwed the race to see what bike she had on him must have been the first time I didnt even notice, I would say the Tel-Star would be up there in price like the Harmer on bike war I dony know about that i think it's half a dozen of this or six of the other what bike you have on out of the two.

Flashing Red
    Blacks A Fake does race in a Telstar now.

When I was in the states, they wouldn't really put the heavy (eg Harmer) bikes on 2yos. They never put one on a horse that hit its knee and a number of people wouldn't use a heavy bike on a horse with rear end or back problems as the lift exasberates (sp?) it. I saying that, it was in general agreeance that a heavy lift bike was faster than a Telstar.

In a perfect world, I guess you would have both. But not everyone has unlimited funds, and a Telstar would suit a wider range of horses....

+ Reply to Thread