Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Western Australia

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Yes, Jnr got stitched up there - a slow Q so he went and they did the next Q three seconds faster.
    Stewards seem to have questions about his drive in R5 when the stablemate seemed to get a 'sprint lane' - I'm not sure there is anything in it and as for QDT I am not sure what was wrong with going to the lead, unless they think he went a long a bit too fast?
    Attached Images
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Oops, now I get it - I just read on PP that Brown and Hall are partners off the track
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Colt Jasper will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Daniel Walsh
    Occupation
    Social worker
    I think PP summed it up nicely.

Went to Bunbury last night, learnt a little about myself ie that I am a pessimist. I was the only person in our group who during the week thought “I hope the lights don’t go out”.

The lights, well the ones that work, are really impressive. Despite the problems last night you can see the potential for harness racing to be invigorated in the area. I am not sure what it is but they seem different to any other lighting system that I have experienced.

(We also learnt that our new companion horse is the worse companion horse ever re running around bucking and kicking in the car park, parade ring etc.Turns out she (ironically her racing name is Sweet Suzi) hates ponies and given that the pony trotters were just down from us she caused a few problems and was on her worse behaviour. Might have even made our horse more anxious. I suspect she also had something to do with the lights malfunctioning too, just can’t prove it)

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Great post Daniel LOL

Were there only 3 races run at Bunbury?
    That would seem obvious from your post and the results page but I am just checking as the TAB do not have the results up for the second half of most meetings from last night
    Last edited by Messenger; 02-18-2024 at 01:10 PM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year KTQ will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Katie Howlett
    Horses
    Jack Mac, Sugar Street
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    I think PP summed it up nicely.

(We also learnt that our new companion horse is the worse companion horse ever re running around bucking and kicking in the car park, parade ring etc.Turns out she (ironically her racing name is Sweet Suzi) hates ponies and given that the pony trotters were just down from us she caused a few problems and was on her worse behaviour. Might have even made our horse more anxious. I suspect she also had something to do with the lights malfunctioning too, just can’t prove it)

Senior Member Horse Of The Year KTQ will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Katie Howlett
    Horses
    Jack Mac, Sugar Street
    In a town of 50,000, they should be able to get a good crowd. I think they should get a van and pick up people from the retirement villages for a day out.

Real Name
    Daniel Walsh
    Occupation
    Social worker
    Works at Pinjarra re buses of older people having a day out, That was one of the things that impressed me when I came back re room full of retired people enjoying the Pinjarra trots.

I suspect though that Bunbury will improve re crowds. The lights offer something new and need to be promoted as such. I hope they don’t malfunction again though.

Real Name
    Daniel Walsh
    Occupation
    Social worker
    This news is a couple of days old but the brilliant horse Shockwave has been retired. Lifetime stakes of 567k, 39/50 top 3 finishes with 22 wins etc.

His most amazing win for mine was on the 11/9/23 (James Brennan Memorial) when he beat Chicago Bull over 2500 after putting in some small buck as after about 200 and then over racing and leading the field by about 40 metres with a lap to go (due to hitting the cart). The second quarter was run in 26.6 and the mile rate was 1.55.7.

Horses like this are rare over here and it would be fair to say that we probably didn’t see the best of him due to injury.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year trish will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    Well done Daniel, great win.
    We were there to cheer you on.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    Well done Daniel, great win.
    We were there to cheer you on.
    "Travel All Over The Countryside"
    Attached Images
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI