Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Western Australia

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Freo Cup $300BigOnes 10.52 AEDST tomorrow night

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...22#GPM21012204
    Attached Images
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I am guessing the 40° forecast resulted in all races being put back two
    It got to 41.5°
    Cup is now listed as 11.45 AEDST
    (I'll read about it in the morning)
    Last edited by Messenger; 01-22-2022 at 12:00 AM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    Patronus Star a win for the ages in the WA Derby last night. Major Martini can count himself unlucky after doing a bit of work but Patronus Star just looked to have no hope stuck on the pegs getting dragged back behind tiring horses with no gaps appearing.
    Nearly a case of deja vu tonight for Patronus Star

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    It was a sensational finish by the Star - he was the equivalent of 7 wide around the bend
    It would have been so good to see him get up (as 8 out 10 of the night's winners were the leader)

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...22#GPM21012204
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Keep the replay rolling after the finish line and you will see Gary Hall Jnr (Chicago Bull) understandably has a lot to say to Aldo Cortopassi (Magnificent Storm) who despite the runs did not even beat him by a metre

Anne was not that far away from pulling off a major coup after sending Hurricane Harley over to WA

We don't know what Vampiro may have had to offer as he was checked when trying to get clear
    Last edited by Messenger; 01-22-2022 at 01:57 PM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    Patronas Star has come down the outside like a "Japanese steam train" I think Japanese bullet train may have been more apt.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Keep the replay rolling after the finish line and you will see Gary Hall Jnr (Chicago Bull) understandably has a lot to say to Aldo Cortopassi (Magnificent Storm) who despite the runs did not even beat him by a metre

Anne was not that far away from pulling off a major coup after sending Hurricane Harley over to WA

We don't know what Vampiro may have had to offer as he was checked when trying to get clear
    Hall Jnr can say what he like but (with the benefit of a TV screen) once Storm came charging and got the death there was never any death on offer. Storm flogged Bull last start and start before that Storm was clear run of the race and beat home Bull. If we go back to 3rd Sept and Storm sat outside Minstrel and had the audacity to run right away from him. Cortopassi has every right to drive Storm like the best horse in the race.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    $99.50 on the local tote for Wild West getting up in the WA Pacing Cup for trainer Gary Hall Snr but the run of the race was stablemate Chicago Bull who was nabbed on the line and beaten into third by HFHD x HD after spending most of the 2936m in the death (Of course I am no driver but I am not sure why Jnr had to leave the 1x1 so early to go to the death - controlling the race?)
    While Gary Hall Snr trained 1st and 3rd the race belonged to the Suvaljko family with drivers Callan and niece Emily filling the quinella

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...22#GPM04022204
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    Slow tempo not as much sprint in the old boys legs its either go death on a slow speed or have to sit 3 wide the last lap giving Minstrel cover. I think Hall did the right thing.

Bull was fantastic but given the slow early speed I think Magnificent Storm to come from near last and 3-4-5 wide was the run of the race. To run past Freo Cup quinella in Minstrel and Patronus Star shows how massive it was. Given dist covered he would have gone close to 54 his actual last 800m covered of 2950m. Quinny probably the only horse who could have ever won from there.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I missed the Magnificent Storm's run Brendan (I was watching without audio) so I will have to have another look and I can appreciate your reasoning for Hall's drive
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread