Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Western Australia

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    $81 pop Himself wins the $200k Gp1 Nugget

https://www.harness.org.au/racing/fi...22#GPM16122204
    Trifecta paid a lousy $3,731.20 on the Victorian TAB. Throw Machnificent into the first 4 at $8.50 and the dividend becomes a very tasty $93,518.40!

aussiebreno
    That race had it all!

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    Himself broke Vampiro's track record 1:54. I couldn't believe the driving tactics on Lavra Joe pulling out from the one, one to sit in the breeze, especially at such a fast pace. I noticed the drive was queried.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Atom View Post
    Himself broke Vampiro's track record 1:54. I couldn't believe the driving tactics on Lavra Joe pulling out from the one, one to sit in the breeze, especially at such a fast pace. I noticed the drive was queried.
    Hopefully he can bring up his 5000th winner soon. 4945 wins at 16% strike rat (according to HRA) put it at about 30906 drives. I would think 30900 of them have been better than the one last night!

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    Hopefully he can bring up his 5000th winner soon. 4945 wins at 16% strike rat (according to HRA) put it at about 30906 drives. I would think 30900 of them have been better than the one last night!
    True but Pinny Tiger did not want to hand up and consequently was beaten 182m

They weren't bad odds for a horse that had won 7 and finished second 3 times from 11 starts since imported from NZ
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    True but Pinny Tiger did not want to hand up and consequently was beaten 182m

They weren't bad odds for a horse that had won 7 and finished second 3 times from 11 starts since imported from NZ
    Yep bad drive also. Both set up an exciting race though.

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    Chris Lewis passed 5000 wins years ago. Current records only go back to the 1984/85 season, when he was driving Village Kid. He stared driving a decade earlier, his first big win being on Carclew in the 1976 Inter grand final. History (according to HRA) is bunk.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Showgrounds View Post
    Chris Lewis passed 5000 wins years ago. Current records only go back to the 1984/85 season, when he was driving Village Kid. He stared driving a decade earlier, his first big win being on Carclew in the 1976 Inter grand final. History (according to HRA) is bunk.
    Thanks for correction.

Would appear possibly closer to 6000.

https://harnessracingupdate.com/2022...to-retirement/

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Showgrounds View Post
    Also thanks for the alert Trev, I should have guessed this as I am always complaining how the horse performance records are not to be trusted until the 1990's
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    It is only 6 weeks until the $MILLION Nullarbor
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread