Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Value Stallion

Junior Member Yearling Southern Man will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    You are clutching at straws now. Most of the stallions you have mentioned are not only great racehorses they are proven at stud. Sky Valley raced in Victoria. Not the toughest place in the world to race. He won $320,000 mainly in age group racing in Australia and you think $3500 is cheap. Give it up

nat
    Tell me where most of theses stallions raced and was it age group or open class and was it for massive prize money?

Im sorry he's not up to your lofty standards and I can see you dont rate him I have seen him race live in many of these age group and open company races and my opinion is he is as good as anything being imported and cheaper and he's by Muscles Yankee

Real Name
    Unknown
    All those stallions were dominant on the grand circut in North America. You cant seriously be comparing Victorian age group racing with that. You cant honestly believe that age group racing in Victoria is on a par with races such as the Hambletonian or Breeders Crown in North America. The gap between the two is of epic proportions.

nat
    What makes you think that they have the best horses in the US they hardly dominate anywhere else in the world other than in their own back yard

Real Name
    Unknown
    So Victorian age group racing is on a par with age group racing in North America. So tell me the 3yr old that raced in Vicoria this year that is on a par with Muscle Hill, 1:51 $3,000,000+

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Southern Man
    There's no 3yr old that will ever do that in Australasia and Muscle Hill was a great horse, but i do think Skyvalley is worth every bit of $3500 he's well bred and did a great job on the track. Now Muscle Hill did go 1:51 and Skyvalley 1:56 and change, Muscle Hill was trainned to race a mile where Skyvalley raced over different distances and had to be trainned to do so. I also think Skyvalley was an impressive looking horse and had a great gait and had he not broken down there's no telling what he might of gone on to do, now i'm not saying he would go anywhere close to matching Muscle Hill due to our trotting races over longer distances so i don't think he would get down to 1:51 but in saying that i think he is priced right to start his time in the breeding barn.

nat
    This is the point I tried to make is he had the talent, speed, gate, pedigree and looks that many of the over priced trotting stallions that are available have. It appears some have little faith in our breeding and racing down under why cannot we be just as good as anyone we are in Thoroughbred industry and our breeding is light years ahead of theirs with AI. Our times will never compete with those countrys training to race one distance and prize money means little to me if our top races had the same money as in the US horse like Changeover and Lombo Pocket Watch would had been triple plus millionaires and never raced past 3ylds. By the way Changeover is worth a go at $4000 too

Real Name
    Unknown
    You people cant be serious. You have tio be aligned with the owners or the studs standing him because no other explanation makes any sense. His value is $1500 max. Not a cent more

Member Yearling Thomas Johnson will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Occupation
    Retired
    Nat you are right about Changeover. I saw him race when I was in New Zealand three or four years ago and I remember seeing him in the flesh at the races in Auckland. A very good looking horse at the time and by a horse that I just loved called In The Pocket. He was a great horse in his own right but was wasted here in the US as a result of been moved from state to state each year. I know In The Pocket has been a great sire there in New Zealand as I have kept a close eye on breeding Down Under. Changeover won a lot of money and if he had raced in the US and earned the money that he has on his card here he would have stood at stud here for huge money. By the way this looks like a good forum that I stumbled onto today. I have just registered and it is the first time that I have been involved with any forum so I hope it keeps going with sensible discussions.

Banned Gelding Termite will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Great value stallion is Sealed n Delivered. I think about 2 grand for a son of Falcon Seelster who was USTA 2YO of the year. Son's of the falcon have done alright in Oz and from a limited book this bloke looks to have a left a couple of okay horses in his first crop - including a gelding called Scan the Calls - won his 3rd race at Charlton today.

+ Reply to Thread