(BANNED)
    Hi Nat,
    Astreos also looked great

Junior Member Foal Rids will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown

Riverboat King

Guys;
    I know this one is getting on a bit, but given the original thread has anyone considered Riverboat. Excluding this years crop of two year olds he has only 47 running around for 29 starters and 22 Winnners and averages out at $29,600 a starter. Granted Rohan Home loads his cannon a bit but just the same he value at $3,300. Maybe there is another out there that stacks better, i'd love to know.

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hey Rids

Good call he is an underated sire and probably hasn't had the greatest mare's so what he's done is tremendous.

triplev123
    Very good sire Rids, doesn't get near the credit he deserves. He has succeeded despite being badly managed all throughout his Sthn Hemisphere siring career.

Senior Member 3YO Gtrain has a spectacular aura about Gtrain's Avatar
    Real Name
    Grant Train
    Our Sir Vancelot, long in the tooth I know but for a sire who has average earnings over 23k per starter without throwing a superstar to blow that average up I think he has done a super job. Great bread and butter horses. Live or Die has to be there abouts. Throws champions from anywhere. What is the general concensus on Ponder? I dont know a whole lot about him but gee he is an impressive looking specimen.

triplev123
    A long time successful Trainer here in Sydney was a pretty big wrap for the OSV's.
    He mentioned how tough & how sound they were, how you could throw anything at them and they'd go home, eat up & come back again the following week for more of the same.
    I had the pleasure of jogging him once. You could feel the power in him through the lines, even at that speed.

Senior Member 3YO Gtrain has a spectacular aura about Gtrain's Avatar
    Real Name
    Grant Train
    I had a little mare by him, used to try her guts out week in week out. No star. Just hope she leaves one with the same attitude but a little more speed.

Senior Member 4YO eliteblood has a spectacular aura about eliteblood's Avatar
    Real Name
    Trevor Swan
    Horses
    Sabilize, Sushi Sushi, Golden Goddess,
    Quote Originally Posted by Gtrain View Post
    What is the general concensus on Ponder? I dont know a whole lot about him but gee he is an impressive looking specimen.
    Interesting that you mention Ponder. His oldest are 3YO's and yesterday he sired two of the three winners of the $210,000 Adios Betty for Pennsylvania bred fillies.
    Ponder was a good tough racehorse and has a strong pedigree. His dam won $350k and is a half sister to Laughs, winner of $1.3 million. The $2.8 million winning Shark Gesture is from a half sister to Ponder.
    I don't think Ponder got the patronage he deserved in Australia and he will probably never recover from that, but I have a good feeling about him. His oldest are 2YO's in Aust and he needs a few nice winners very soon or his siring career is in big trouble. Hopefully Pensare can give him his first winner at Bankstown on Friday.

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Eliteblood

I think you are right he was a good tough horse with a strong pedigree but because he didn't serve big numbers he will struggle unless he get's a superstar over the next couple of months. From memory i don't think he had a real good 2yr old in the states last year either. I'm not sure why but i've heard it mentioned before to stay away from The Panderosa line and then again you see Shadow Play get a good book of mare's, maybe Ponder struggled to attract mare's due to Art Major and Grinfromeartoear getting so many in the early years of his stud career.

triplev123
    They're clearly MUCH better 3yos Eliteblood. Those Pa fillies are in against some hot competition. Some very smart sires standing there.

+ Reply to Thread