Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Showgrounds View Post
    The word from the driver was the horse was absolutely bolting around the turn. I'd love to see him back over here but I doubt whether that will happen.
    "Self Assured destroyed Akuta in the home straight - 5 lengths faster"

Kev and Trev, I am no huge fan of Akuta, but to be fair, SA didn't spend a single penny until the last 400 and he didn't have a gut buster a few days earlier. SA has speed to burn for sure which he displayed in the run home, taking lengths of the leaders in 27.7 but if he couldn't do that after the effortless run he had enjoyed they would be entitled to be disappointed.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post

Kev and Trev, I am no huge fan of Akuta, but to be fair, SA didn't spend a single penny until the last 400 and he didn't have a gut buster a few days earlier. SA has speed to burn for sure which he displayed in the run home, taking lengths of the leaders in 27.7 but if he couldn't do that after the effortless run he had enjoyed they would be entitled to be disappointed.
    Hey Danno, good to see you back posting after Act Now put in a shocker

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post

Yeah, it was only the NZ FFA so li guess you would be disappointed if you didn't win! 26.54 final 400 coming from.last was a fair effort for a soon to be 8yo. And back to back last to first wins just don't happen in a race only the elite horses win. Check the race history if you don't believe me. And, Captain Obvious, it was well publicised the horse was withdrawn from the Cup to focus on the FFA. Just another special win by a special horse.

+ Reply to Thread